The Coffee House

Dammit now I have that stuck in my head. TO THE YOUTUBE

I'm being kinda lazy today. Too cloudy to bother going anywhere to do photography; I *might* go out later if the sun ever comes out.
I need to do some cleaning, and organizing, maybe do a little work in the room I want to make my photography "studio." But instead I'm sitting here at the computer, looking at TPF and FB, and playing jigsaw puzzles.

Maybe I should google "where did I put my motivation?" because I do seem to have misplaced it. :D

EDIT: I actually DID google it. But all the results seem to require putting some sort of EFFORT into getting it back, and that would require motivation...

Since retiring last October, I have been extremely lazy, and so has my wife.

Hosers, my hosers!

Still have my headache. I'm curled around my big Maine coffee mug looking at the gorgeous snow outside.
thats funny. I live in maine and have a nevada coffee mug... Hardly ever use it though i make my own mugs i generally use. They break i go with the kids down to the local pottery place (make your own) and make myself new mugs again. Have you considered getting into pottery? There is something really neat about drinking your coffee from a coffee mug you made yourself. We made cookie jars, plates, candy dishes, couple vases etc. etc.

I would love to learn pottery. When I was a little girl, I actually had a little throwing wheel that I got for Christmas one year. I didn't get to play with it much - it never really spun fast enough to do anything good, plus my mother was always yelling about how messy it was (then why did she buy it for me??). But it's definitely a goal of mine to learn.

And I live in New York but don't care about having a NY mug :)

Buenos Dias Coffee hosers. I was so tired last night that I nearly started yelling at everybody for being so bloody stupid ... starting with the candidate. But I did manage to get free robocalling.

I would love to learn pottery. When I was a little girl, I actually had a little throwing wheel that I got for Christmas one year. I didn't get to play with it much - it never really spun fast enough to do anything good, plus my mother was always yelling about how messy it was (then why did she buy it for me??). But it's definitely a goal of mine to learn.

we don't do it in the house. Geesh no, too much mess, not enough room, no kiln, no materials, nada. I am perfectly happy going else where. Go there with the kids it could ring up to a hundred or more, think we hit two hundred a couple times. But i leave the mess there and don't have to buy anything. They shelve it , throw them in the kiln and call me when it is cooked. And they clean up the mess. And about anything you could possibly want to work with they have it. If you are willing to spend fifteen dollars to make your own coffee mug at least.

we don't do it in the house. Geesh no, too much mess, not enough room, no kiln, no materials, nada. I am perfectly happy going else where. Go there with the kids it could ring up to a hundred or more, think we hit two hundred a couple times. But i leave the mess there and don't have to buy anything. They shelve it , throw them in the kiln and call me when it is cooked. And they clean up the mess. And about anything you could possibly want to work with they have it. If you are willing to spend fifteen dollars to make your own coffee mug at least.

We had a kiln. I don't know why and I don't remember if we ever used it. It's still actually in a corner of the garage. I plan on keeping it. And this little throwing wheel, as I said, was very small and plastic - a kid's toy. Whenever I used it, I had to be outside, but even then it was apparently too messy. Mind you, this was coming from my mother, a woman who puts three garbage bags into the trash can before she puts in the bag that she uses for the actual garbage. Because she wants to protect the garbage can. She doesn't layer the bags so she can use the top one, take it out, then use the next one, etc. No. Those three bags are always there. To protect the garbage can.

We had a kiln. I don't know why and I don't remember if we ever used it. It's still actually in a corner of the garage. I plan on keeping it. And this little throwing wheel, as I said, was very small and plastic - a kid's toy. Whenever I used it, I had to be outside, but even then it was apparently too messy. Mind you, this was coming from my mother, a woman who puts three garbage bags into the trash can before she puts in the bag that she uses for the actual garbage. Because she wants to protect the garbage can. She doesn't layer the bags so she can use the top one, take it out, then use the next one, etc. No. Those three bags are always there. To protect the garbage can.
that is a good idea. cleaning out the garbage can when a bag leaks or rips sucks. usually i haul it out in the yard with a gallon of bleach and spray it down with a hose.

When I was a little girl, I actually had a little throwing wheel that I got for Christmas one year.
Not exactly my scenario, but I did try throwing some clay on a wheel when I was little. Unfortunately it was more mud, than clay and the wheel was the family hi-fi.

that is a good idea. cleaning out the garbage can when a bag leaks or rips sucks. usually i haul it out in the yard with a gallon of bleach and spray it down with a hose.

Would you really need three bags, though? And I can tell you with absolute certainty that a garbage bag broke in our house maybe once in 30 years.

i really should be out shooting right now. But instead i am surfing the web and playing one of the Grand Theft Auto games with my five year old. Yeah, i know , the content isn't appropriate for children. My wife yells at me for playing them with him but she is upstairs right now. Terri just locked a thread, could be a good thing. Give me more ambition to go actually get out a camera and do something with it. snowing, nice overcast too, sure i can find something out there to shoot.

I am down about thirty pics for the week. Today is the last day. so technically i should be shooting all day to come up with hopefully a hundred shots of something. considering it is already afternoon i blew that. I might have to go shoot tonight for makeup. Still haven't cleaned my sd cards from yesterday for keepers. i am slacking....

Most reactions

Back