The Coffee House

In the Roaring '20's they had flappers and jazz and gin.

Instead of Tide pods (and what do they expect detergent to taste like??) can't they just eat Pixie sticks? or Pop Rocks??

Do they get high off the Tide pods? What’s the point?

We had a storm in Germany yesterday. 8 dead out of 80 Million. I am alive. They stopped all train traffic, many people were left abandoned on random train stations

Oh, we definitely get a bad rap. It's a huge range of years though, and I feel like a lot of the things affecting us were actually caused by other generations, haha. I graduated college (the price of which, when adjusted for inflation, was the highest ever) right as the bottom fell out of the stock market. I was incredibly lucky to find work. There were just no opportunities for many of my classmates. My friends who didn't go to college didn't have a nice unionized blue-collar job to walk into after high school either.

But hey...whatever. I have friends working at Space-X. I have friends doing research in toxicology. I have friends leading social movements. I have plenty of friends who are working for our children. Our legacy will be just fine.
Oh please ... you guys are just a bunch of snowflakes. :cool-48:

Our legacy will be just fine.

As long as they stop eating Tide Pods. LOL Don't think my generation and quite a few after needed warning labels to "Don't eat the soap". Though I will admit there were a few times in my childhood when I "unwillingly" chomped on the bar of the day when my Grandma heard me spewing not so nice words. I can tell you Ivory was nasty, Zest was a little better.

We used to drink Aqua Velva out in the field, in the Marines. Talk about a problem. You could get drunk and smell good at the same time.
Until you lost your cookies ...

Gary's been eating avocados on toast/tortillas forever. It's not a "my generation" thing. It's just that your generation is the first willing to pay $50 for it. BTW- Gary's avocados are almost ready for picking!

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary is taking a break from processing as an attempt to get his eyes functioning normally again. This is Game Day and Mary Lou is busy working on some Hollywood Bowl tickets for Playboy Jazz and James Taylor. The first seats for sale are these Not-For-Profit seats where a portion of the proceeds go to charity. Man, they are ranging from $500 to $800 each. It is 62F presently, not gonna rise above the mid 60's today.

Speaking of food ... Gary is dialing in the soda maker in order to get the desired small bubbles. But, he has squeezed in some lime and it is simply refreshing and easy. Gary brewed up the last of his coffee this morning. It is roasting time ... then give Sweet Maria's a call for more beans.

Last edited:
The problem with the Hollywood Bowl is they release the seats slowly and not all at once or by section. So you have to wait until they seats you want are released ... like aisle in the Superseat section, then hope nobody nabs them before you, They are going fast. Mary Lou is a pro at this, she has her laptop, tablet and phone all dialed into the Bowl.

Somebody hit the line hard for my D610 via Craigslist. I'll speaking with him tonight to finalize the deal, but it looks like I'll be walking away with more money than I thought.

Most reactions

Back