The Coffee House

Mornin Hosers. Looks like today's gonna be another quiet one around here.

Hey! Chipmunks are cute! Although when my daughter had it done (all 4 at the same time) she did swell up quite a bit, and decided that she looked like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. Painted on a mustache and talked in a husky voice. I think I have a photo of her somewhere, but I'm not going to post it without her permission.
I am not a chipmunk today!

I'm not swollen at all :)

and I posted some of the pictures in the fb thread :)
Allright Marija.

[QUOTE="sm4him, post: 3418459
I have an Ethiopian friend who sometimes does a full Ethiopian coffee ritual. They start with green beans that they get from a friend who travels to Ethiopia a good bit, and move through the whole process of roasting, grinding, brewing, all done in a very ritualistic, ceremonial manner. It's fascinating to watch, and the result is pretty delicious too.
I thought they fed those beans to cats first, then harvested them?

Ethiopians actually invented coffee. Ethiopian shepherds noticed that their herds/sheep would get all hyped up when they ate the coffee cherries ... so after a bit the shepherds started poppin' coffee too.

The cat business is actually from the greater Sumatra/Indonesia/Philippines area. The cat is actually a civet. That coffee which has passed through the civet's digestive system and collected after being pooped is called kopi luwak. Interesting stuff, the civets digestive fluids alters the taste of the beans ... adds a bit of chocolate-like flavoring ... which ... after thinking about it isn't very surprising as well as gross.

Gary, thanks for schooling me up on that, my geography skills lack in that area.[/QUOTE]

I did a story on coffee. Great time.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. In my spare time I've been working on this 'Peace March' that I shot a week ago. I think I'm gonna string the images together into an iMovie.

Last night Mary Lou's phone got all screwed up and after a few hours with Verizon and Apple she was directed to the Apple store. (The closest one being in the Brea Mall.) I'm not a big mall shopper and detest crowds and parking lots. I walked around the mall a bit while Mary Lou's phone was worked on. I played with the $3,000+ computers at Apple, I checked out the $250+ tea sets at Teavana, bought a book on bread at the expensive Williams-Sonoma ... when I left Williams-Sonoma I look up and I see a Tesla dealership directly across from me. Is all this normal? I remember when the big goto stores were Sears and JC Penny ... where did all this money come from?

Good morning all, having coffee, and a piece of coffee cake.
There BETTER be enough for everyone! :irked:

You know, John, exchanging sweet and sticky things over the internet is really causing my modem and router to be a little... sticky. I feel I need to throw it into the diswasher, just to get it sparkly clean again. Don't worry - there's a button saying "sanitation clean", which I guess is to be used for disinfecting electronics. Wonder if it works on computer viruses as well???

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. In my spare time I've been working on this 'Peace March' that I shot a week ago. I think I'm gonna string the images together into an iMovie.

Last night Mary Lou's phone got all screwed up and after a few hours with Verizon and Apple she was directed to the Apple store. (The closest one being in the Brea Mall.) I'm not a big mall shopper and detest crowds and parking lots. I walked around the mall a bit while Mary Lou's phone was worked on. I played with the $3,000+ computers at Apple, I checked out the $250+ tea sets at Teavana, bought a book on bread at the expensive Williams-Sonoma ... when I left Williams-Sonoma I look up and I see a Tesla dealership directly across from me. Is all this normal? I remember when the big goto stores were Sears and JC Penny ... where did all this money come from?

I read that Tesla was trying to do direct-to-customer selling, but the dealer networks put a lot of pressure on the legislatures to prevent that, making Tesla open up "dealerships" to fit into the existing framework of commercial regulation. I think that this is different from state to state and province to province.

I read that Tesla was trying to do direct-to-customer selling, but the dealer networks put a lot of pressure on the legislatures to prevent that, making Tesla open up "dealerships" to fit into the existing framework of commercial regulation. I think that this is different from state to state and province to province.
Tesla dealership???? WTF?

Good morning all, having coffee, and a piece of coffee cake.
There BETTER be enough for everyone! :irked:

You know, John, exchanging sweet and sticky things over the internet is really causing my modem and router to be a little... sticky. I feel I need to throw it into the diswasher, just to get it sparkly clean again. Don't worry - there's a button saying "sanitation clean", which I guess is to be used for disinfecting electronics. Wonder if it works on computer viruses as well???
Only one way to find out!

Yeah, you know... these guys: Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

Tesla is inside the mall. They have a few cars on display. When you're ready, you order from a computer and they drop the car off at your home or work, whatever.

Yeah, you know... these guys: Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles
Nope.... I didn't, but I do now. Intereskin'

There's a similar dealership in the King of Prussia Mall near Philadelphia. In the past few years, Tesla has exploded in that area.

When I lived in Philly, it was the same thing. Would pass at least one whenever I was out and about. They're nice cars!

Most reactions

Back