The Coffee House

Gary, I think you're missing rosemary.... Here, have some:

No, the omission was intentional ... I do have rosemary ... just didn't want to go there.

And yet, here we are!!
I like Simon & Garfunkel. Better than I like rosemary, actually.

It's been a loooonnnnggg day.

I should've known how it was gonna go. I'd been at work about an hour when my boss emailed me with a job she needed done, and then added, "oh and I'm sure you're already on top of it, but keep an eye on FB. I want to nip any negative stuff in the bud."

I had NO idea why that seemed more likely today than any other day--we do have a route change proposal that could stir some negative sentiment, but that's been out since last Thursday. So, I emailed and said as much. Her response was to look at the paper.

The TOP, above the fold, headline in our local newspaper was "KAT Promotes Felon to Safety Supervisor Position."

:confused:

:eek:

And, even better? It's true.

He was once a police officer. Then he committed a "little" felon; he confessed to it and served time. After serving his time, he moved back to Knoxville and got hired as a bus driver a few years ago. He was promoted last year to Supervisor and now to Safety Supervisor. He's a great guy, has been a stellar employee, and is, imo, deserving of the second chance he's gotten.

But...yeah. Made for an interesting day.
I must say, though, that FB and Twitter were FAR less filled with stupid redneck comments than I'd anticipated.

You said "beer". Where are you hiding it?
"Everyone" says that about my favorite brew. A pox on them!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Don't know about poxes, but this is one of my current favourites :

La Vache Folle - Milk Stout Microbrasserie Charlevoix Baie-Saint-Paul QC Canada BeerAdvocate

If you read the reviews on that site, they give a pretty good description of this beer. It's strong (9%) but silky smooth with multiple flavours that announce themselves during the course of one swallow. You don't want this one ice-cold.

Gary: I'll be right over. Sounds delicious.

Don't know about poxes, but this is one of my current favourites :

La Vache Folle - Milk Stout Microbrasserie Charlevoix Baie-Saint-Paul QC Canada BeerAdvocate

If you read the reviews on that site, they give a pretty good description of this beer. It's strong (9%) but silky smooth with multiple flavours that announce themselves during the course of one swallow. You don't want this one ice-cold.
Trust me................. you don't want me drinking anything stronger than our 3.2 beer. :1219:

hey, i just gave a restaurant free photos for their web page. You guys think i charged too much?

Managed to knock out my wife's Facebook. Did a settings update on her iPad. She has no idea what her password was. And the email address that was used is discontinued, years ago. Needless to say I'm in the dog house. Any ideas on a bail out. Thanks. Ed

no. well, there must be a contact place to contact facebook or something in the commonly asked questions section of it. Other than that, no.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back