The Coffee House

Congrats! Is that something you can do from home?

At the moment, no, though there might be a possibility of it in the future. I'll be there 3 days a week. It's a one-man show so there's more flexibility than if I were in a big corporate office or something.

Oh, I just figured it was part of growing old.
nah....

how old are you anyway?
OMG!!! 68?! How are you even still posting?! Don't you old people nap like 'most' of the day?! Lol!!

I feel ya, though. I'll be 60 in September.

In other psychology news....... my sister decided that because I post my goings-on and meals and such on social media, that she feels sorry for me being lonely and all alone. WTH?! I told her I'm 'never' alone, and to read the book "Quiet". On days when I really want solitude, I don't indulge in the Polo Red or Acqua Di Geo. Not a minute's peace, I tell ya!!! One has no idea the sheer numbers of cougars out there until one smells that good!!!

Morning Hosers!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I've been getting up with the D dog at 05:00, and then I fall asleep in the recliner after supper.

I'll now hobble back to my park bench with my bag of pigeon food.

We're secretly photographing your backside as you pass. HA!

God damn, I am the young one around here... I'm 29. For the first time.

We're secretly photographing your backside as you pass. HA!
I am not surprised .... I get a lot of comments regarding my backside.

Elephant---HP.jpg

At the moment, no, though there might be a possibility of it in the future. I'll be there 3 days a week. It's a one-man show so there's more flexibility than if I were in a big corporate office or something.
so you are working two part time jobs basically?

Basically. And actually, though my admin job is on the same school campus, it's paid by a different depatment and considered a separate line. As is the job of reading placement essays. So considering 3 separate paychecks from school and now a paralegal position, I am working 4 part-time jobs.

Basically. And actually, though my admin job is on the same school campus, it's paid by a different depatment and considered a separate line. As is the job of reading placement essays. So considering 3 separate paychecks from school and now a paralegal position, I am working 4 part-time jobs.
well it seemed you wanted that parlegal position. i gathered you just weren't getting enough hours to pay the bills at the school. will the paralegal job on top of school give you at least forty hours?

well it seemed you wanted that parlegal position. i gathered you just weren't getting enough hours to pay the bills at the school. will the paralegal job on top of school give you at least forty hours?

No, I couldn't get enough income from even the 3 jobs at school. The admin job pays $15 and only gives me 8 hours a week. And that kept getting cut back. The placement readings paid well but they don't go on all semester long, so that gave me a burst of work/pay at the beginning and the end of a semester. They go on all summer long, but again, I'd only get readings in bursts (I'm not the only reader, so I have to share hours with other ESL readers). And my teaching hours are capped by the school - no adjunct is allowed to teach more than 10 classroom hours per week, which essentially works out to three classes. I've been teaching two classes - one class at 3 hours and the other at 5, so I have 8 classroom hours. Can't take a third class without going to 11 hours.

I had basically plateaued at the college. They hardly ever add full-time faculty lines and when they do, 9 times out of 10, they hire from outside the school. Adjuncts get screwed 6 ways to Sunday on a regular basis, so I knew it wasn't viable to keep the college as my sole source of income. I did my Paralegal Certificate at the college (one of the few perks I have for sticking around so long is that I get free tuition) and I figured at the very least, I can get a part-time job to supplement my income. It might turn into full time, which will then become my main income and I can supplement it by continuing to teach one class at the college (because I don't really want to leave teaching. Not yet. Despite what I say every time I have to grade papers!)

So let's see...24 hours as a paralegal, 8 hours as a teacher, 8 hours as lackey in the support center...yup, I guess that adds up to exactly 40 hours a week.

Well, except the teaching work really involves a lot more hours than what I do in the classroom, but I'm only committed to 40 hours of being somewhere specifically to work. The rest of it happens at home or in a coffeehouse.

No, I couldn't get enough income from even the 3 jobs at school. The admin job pays $15 and only gives me 8 hours a week. And that kept getting cut back. The placement readings paid well but they don't go on all semester long, so that gave me a burst of work/pay at the beginning and the end of a semester. They go on all summer long, but again, I'd only get readings in bursts (I'm not the only reader, so I have to share hours with other ESL readers). And my teaching hours are capped by the school - no adjunct is allowed to teach more than 10 classroom hours per week, which essentially works out to three classes. I've been teaching two classes - one class at 3 hours and the other at 5, so I have 8 classroom hours. Can't take a third class without going to 11 hours.

I had basically plateaued at the college. They hardly ever add full-time faculty lines and when they do, 9 times out of 10, they hire from outside the school. Adjuncts get screwed 6 ways to Sunday on a regular basis, so I knew it wasn't viable to keep the college as my sole source of income. I did my Paralegal Certificate at the college (one of the few perks I have for sticking around so long is that I get free tuition) and I figured at the very least, I can get a part-time job to supplement my income. It might turn into full time, which will then become my main income and I can supplement it by continuing to teach one class at the college (because I don't really want to leave teaching. Not yet. Despite what I say every time I have to grade papers!)

So let's see...24 hours as a paralegal, 8 hours as a teacher, 8 hours as lackey in the support center...yup, I guess that adds up to exactly 40 hours a week.

Well, except the teaching work really involves a lot more hours than what I do in the classroom, but I'm only committed to 40 hours of being somewhere specifically to work. The rest of it happens at home or in a coffeehouse.
so basically. You shoot bw film. Don't make any money.. so you are the starving artist type.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back