The Coffee House

There were actually 4 Minolta manual focus SLR mounts: SR, MC, MD and MD X600.

The Minolta X600 camera had a "focus confirmation" feature requiring an additional tab on the MD mount. These cameras were never marketed by Minolta in the USA but the lenses were.
That's interesting. I don't recall which the SRT101 and SRT201 used (IIRC they were the same mount) - Dad had the 101 and I had the 201.
Son #1 is going to send pics of the 101 lens mount after work, tonight. I'll post them so you can compare to what you have.

Hi folks, just an update today on my own I went to counciling and they actually advised me to walk away and leave my marriage. Reason they said was if I stay with the wife I WILL end up being killed by her. The abuse I have had for the last 25yrs is a very big warning side of the beatings I have had, and I was gobsmacked at how they were so worried about me. So as of now my marriage is over BUT I am alive, I am going to carry on seeing the councilor and it will be hard, but she said the abuse is one of the worst she has ever seen or heard of.

There were actually 4 Minolta manual focus SLR mounts: SR, MC, MD and MD X600.

The Minolta X600 camera had a "focus confirmation" feature requiring an additional tab on the MD mount. These cameras were never marketed by Minolta in the USA but the lenses were.
That's interesting. I don't recall which the SRT101 and SRT201 used (IIRC they were the same mount) - Dad had the 101 and I had the 201.
Son #1 is going to send pics of the 101 lens mount after work, tonight. I'll post them so you can compare to what you have.

The SRT models originally came with MC mount lenses though they can use any of the Minolta manual focus mount lenses. MC stands for "meter coupled."

The earlier SR mount lenses were originally for the SR-series cameras which didn't have TTL metering such as the SR-2 which was Minolta's first SLR (despite the "2" in its name).

The power had been out at home too. But was on when I got here. Peoples Bank never lost power and I did get a box of pennies.
Somehow the frezzer in the garage got unplugged. LOTS of food ruined.. All I know for sure is I didn't do it.
And now back to reading, John Sanford right now.

OH, And FujiDave... while nothing like it has ever happened to me I FEEL for you buddy!

@Fujidave so glad you checked in. Healing can never start till you take the first step, and counseling will go a long way toward helping you. Sounds like you're finally moving forward. As a VFFR I can't tell you how many domestic calls I've been on over the years. You just never know what goes on behind closed doors, I even got called out on my next door neighbors once - talk about not knowing what to say. Fortunately most calls were minor and were calmed down by the time the LE cleared the scene for us, but every now and then you got a bad one. Beatings, stabbings, gun shots, even a couple that were run over with a car. Most people always assume the victim in a domestic abuse situation is the female, but the reality is it's about equally divided. Made a run on one where the wife had emptied a 9 shot clip in her husband's direction when the argument turned violent. Your counselor was right the danger is real, unchecked abuse goes downhill.

I know the dog people out there will get it :biglaugh:
38148101_2288180154744082_8460672719388672000_n.jpg

Beach therapy. Cheaper and more effective than the alternative

Might want to wear shoes. All over the news here the last few days. Teen infected with hookworms after being buried in sand at Florida beach

Never heard of that up this way. Greenheads (painful bites) are the beach scourge and sometimes sea lice (gross).

Yeah, along the coast we have sea lice, and jellyfish. We arrived at the beach once to find it covered with slimy sea slugs. Though not harmful they stunk something terrible.

According to one of the doctor interviews I saw they suspected the hook worms came from an infected dog who left a pile on the beach. Alabama beaches have a no dogs on beach rule, but several in FL have dog friendly beaches.

@Fujidave so glad you checked in. Healing can never start till you take the first step, and counseling will go a long way toward helping you. Sounds like you're finally moving forward. As a VFFR I can't tell you how many domestic calls I've been on over the years. You just never know what goes on behind closed doors, I even got called out on my next door neighbors once - talk about not knowing what to say. Fortunately most calls were minor and were calmed down by the time the LE cleared the scene for us, but every now and then you got a bad one. Beatings, stabbings, gun shots, even a couple that were run over with a car. Most people always assume the victim in a domestic abuse situation is the female, but the reality is it's about equally divided. Made a run on one where the wife had emptied a 9 shot clip in her husband's direction when the argument turned violent. Your counselor was right the danger is real, unchecked abuse goes downhill.

I have been so blind to it all, but as soon as I told her of the time the wife hit me with an axe, she was gobsmacked and just said You need to leave And Now. So I just need to rebuild my life now and move on.

I'd say so. It's good you've talked to someone. Like many things in life, it will likely be a process and take some time. But now you can start moving forward to a better life. It'll probably keep getting better from here.

I'm waiting 8 seconds... :048:

We have carp.
Not worth the wait was it? :ambivalence:

Jellyfish, some sharks (mainly hammerheads), a couple of skate, and the worst of all - tourists.

MLW told me of some entertainment that happened. One of the stations went on a call and neglected to properly chock the wheels on the pumper. I'm sure you can guess what happened next; yep, the piece pops into gear, rolls down the road, and takes out a hydrant. On further inspection, they notice a LOT of water coming up from the ground, so the hydrant must have been connected to a larger main. Then something else starts flowing up - not exactly water - sewage. Needles to say, the road is closed. We are surely glad we don't go home that way.

On the side note, I always knew that town was full of sh**.

I have been so blind to it all, but as soon as I told her of the time the wife hit me with an axe, she was gobsmacked and just said You need to leave And Now. So I just need to rebuild my life now and move on.
Sounds like you're taking important steps in the right direction. Good luck to you in this process, and take care of Dave!

Most reactions

Back