The Coffee House

How bout those Red Sox?

@jcdeboever
@Gary A.
@JonA_CT

I know the Yanks are short a few of their big bats but Sox pitching looked sweet this series so far. Going for the sweep tomorrow night. Price vs Tanaka.

Well, I've got Price pitching in my fantasy league today. I've dropped him 4 times this year. But Tanaka pitched well last time out. Should be a good one. Red Sox are the best lineup in the game. Picking up Pierce has been paying off. Kinsler was a smart pick up for 2B, the guy has a glove. Trout and Betts are the best players in the game, then there is everyone else. Those two are clearly better than all others, total 5 tool guys. Right now, it's hard not to pick the Red stockings to win it all but if you watch the game a lot, it will come down to pitching. I still think the Indians are under the radar, they starting pitching is so good, great manager, and high character guys in the lineup. The A's are a dangerous team, I wouldn't want to play them if the playoffs started today. The Dodgers are the deepest team in baseball with that super flex lineup (managers dream). The Dodgers are just a bunch of blue collar, lunch pail, kick your butt in alley bunch of guys, love them, and they have the best manager in baseball, well tie with Tito in Cleveland. The Yanks are very dangerous if they have a lead after 4 or 5, that bullpen is scary solid. Cubbies don't scare me a bit. Waiting for the Nationals to go on a roll but they are dysfunctional. Houston is scary good and are probably going to make it very difficult for anyone. I'm torn between them and Cleveland going to WS.

Oh, if I were commissioner, I would let the WS teams have an expanded roster of 5 additional players for the first 31 days of the following season.

Last edited:
This little fuzz ball was just chilling in the middle of the street this morning.

AEGF5fx.jpg

This little fuzz ball was just chilling in the middle of the street this morning.

AEGF5fx.jpg

I don’t know about your area but our city is practically overrun with bunnies this year. I can’t remember the last time I went out back and didn’t see at least one scampering away. On our walks, the dog is on alert the whole time! I can’t let him off leash at all these days or I’ll end up chasing him chasing a bunny.

We've got rabbits, skunks, and I've even seen a fox in our neighborhood. Saw a baby skunk the other morning when I was making my coffee. It was gone by the time I grabbed my camera. :(

Most mornings when I walk out the door a rabbit takes off. The other morning two of the dogs chased a rabbit. But the rabbit won. My Dad puts extra water in the coffeemaker to make it go farther.
6 days a week I get first pot.
Sunday I get the dregs.
It's coffee. That's all I'll say about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Raccoons, coyotes, lots of skunks and the occasional mountain lion here in northern LA.

Raccoons, coyotes, lots of skunks and the occasional mountain lion here in northern LA.

LA Los Angeles or LA Louisiana?

Raccoons, skunks, white tail deer, rabbits, opossums, foxes, the occasional coyote, and tourists.

Raccoons, skunks, white tail deer, rabbits, opossums, foxes, the occasional coyote, and tourists.

I’m sensing a lack of appreciation for the tourist trade...

Love the colour.
Thanks! That was a big part of the decision, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit!

Nice truck and it really is a pretty colour. I see they're still working on hwy 1 in Saanich, :)
Thanks, and yes.... it's a complete clusterf***... $85million (before cost over-runs) and it won't solve a thing.

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Another warm day, upper 80's. Today Miss Maggie played with nearly the entire pack. Max, Michelle, Lucy, Honey and Bosco were all there running and mud wrestling. It is great watching dogs just be dogs. Gary just finished mowing and trimming the back. He has a Tri-Tip in the Sous Vide for 25 hours so far. He about to pull it and give it a sear. It's been cooking away in spices, some herbs and beer (Stella).

Made it to the office so I could pick up my map for next week. We should be home within the hour.

I’m sensing a lack of appreciation for the tourist trade...
They serve a purpose. Of course there is a difference between tourists and visitors.

For some unknown reason (in between shows??) I got to watching some of the livestock auction from the state fair on local PBS. They rerun these things all summer from past years up til the fair starts. This year's top market barrow (AKA big piggie) went for over $30 thousand.

Then the buyers (such as Bob Evans) all come up on stage, and as someone's feeding the pig off to one side while the presentation finishes up, a band starts playing - and the pig took off! It was hilarious, just ran in circles around the stage... lol The emcee said it was used to country music and hadn't heard the fight song yet.

That's about as exciting as this Sunday is gonna be. Switched to a replay of the British Baking Show. I'm still trying to get a handle on what a pudding actually is, much less that a biscuit is a cookie and I don't know what a cracker is.

Most reactions

Back