The Coffee House

Gary knows what Tri-Tip is. But he doesn’t know Tri-Tip that been in the Sous Vide for more than 24 hours, swimming in beer, spices and herbs is. But ... he will soon find out as it is getting a sear and final temperature rise on the grill.

Last edited:
421C3992-A02E-483B-9963-1319E7EBE28F.jpeg

Fini!

And a jumper is a sweater.

Am watching the British Baking Show for like the third time, had to finally look up what a clootie dumpling was. I'm still not sure how any of this fits into being puddings but a lot of it looks good, especially anything with sticky toffee sauce on it or whiskey in it.

Poor Sadie Mae always on the hunt for something, she learned that toads are not suitable quarry. Last night before I could stop her she grabbed a toad in the grass. Fortunately she spit it out quickly but not fast enough to prevent the yaking and foaming at the mouth that accompanies toad tasting. It didn't last long but the learning experience will be remembered.

How bout those Red Sox?

@jcdeboever
@Gary A.
@JonA_CT

I know the Yanks are short a few of their big bats but Sox pitching looked sweet this series so far. Going for the sweep tomorrow night. Price vs Tanaka.
The Red Sox are kicking serious butt. They definitely will make the playoffs ... but then they have to get past the Yankees. Red Sox and Yankees, Gary believes, have the best shot of winning it all. Pretty much a coin toss between them. Houston has a dark horse chance of becoming world champions. Dodgers are the walking wounded. Gary thinks the Red Sox are a slightly better team on paper ... but the Yankees don’t give a rat’s about paper.

The Yankees didn't put up much of a fight this past series. Love to see Sox starting pitchers giving the bullpen a rest up. Even Price was good.

Well, I've got Price pitching in my fantasy league today. I've dropped him 4 times this year. But Tanaka pitched well last time out. Should be a good one. Red Sox are the best lineup in the game. Picking up Pierce has been paying off. Kinsler was a smart pick up for 2B, the guy has a glove. Trout and Betts are the best players in the game, then there is everyone else. Those two are clearly better than all others, total 5 tool guys. Right now, it's hard not to pick the Red stockings to win it all but if you watch the game a lot, it will come down to pitching. I still think the Indians are under the radar, they starting pitching is so good, great manager, and high character guys in the lineup. The A's are a dangerous team, I wouldn't want to play them if the playoffs started today. The Dodgers are the deepest team in baseball with that super flex lineup (managers dream). The Dodgers are just a bunch of blue collar, lunch pail, kick your butt in alley bunch of guys, love them, and they have the best manager in baseball, well tie with Tito in Cleveland. The Yanks are very dangerous if they have a lead after 4 or 5, that bullpen is scary solid. Cubbies don't scare me a bit. Waiting for the Nationals to go on a roll but they are dysfunctional. Houston is scary good and are probably going to make it very difficult for anyone. I'm torn between them and Cleveland going to WS.

Oh, if I were commissioner, I would let the WS teams have an expanded roster of 5 additional players for the first 31 days of the following season.

Going to a game in 2 weeks vs Cleveland. Should be a good one.

Due to the 8pm start last night I was asleep when the Sox came from behind to tie it up and then the walk off in extras. I was very pleasantly surprised to wake up to a win.

5 hours and 4 minutes today. The floor machine only got about 2/3 of the store before the batteries gave up. But mopping and buffing made the floor look pretty good. Rather thought my Sister was gonna send me a list of things to bring home but it ain't happened yet. Think I'll go back in and see what the deli has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

How bout those Red Sox?

@jcdeboever
@Gary A.
@JonA_CT

I know the Yanks are short a few of their big bats but Sox pitching looked sweet this series so far. Going for the sweep tomorrow night. Price vs Tanaka.
The Red Sox are kicking serious butt. They definitely will make the playoffs ... but then they have to get past the Yankees. Red Sox and Yankees, Gary believes, have the best shot of winning it all. Pretty much a coin toss between them. Houston has a dark horse chance of becoming world champions. Dodgers are the walking wounded. Gary thinks the Red Sox are a slightly better team on paper ... but the Yankees don’t give a rat’s about paper.

The Yankees didn't put up much of a fight this past series. Love to see Sox starting pitchers giving the bullpen a rest up. Even Price was good.

Well, I've got Price pitching in my fantasy league today. I've dropped him 4 times this year. But Tanaka pitched well last time out. Should be a good one. Red Sox are the best lineup in the game. Picking up Pierce has been paying off. Kinsler was a smart pick up for 2B, the guy has a glove. Trout and Betts are the best players in the game, then there is everyone else. Those two are clearly better than all others, total 5 tool guys. Right now, it's hard not to pick the Red stockings to win it all but if you watch the game a lot, it will come down to pitching. I still think the Indians are under the radar, they starting pitching is so good, great manager, and high character guys in the lineup. The A's are a dangerous team, I wouldn't want to play them if the playoffs started today. The Dodgers are the deepest team in baseball with that super flex lineup (managers dream). The Dodgers are just a bunch of blue collar, lunch pail, kick your butt in alley bunch of guys, love them, and they have the best manager in baseball, well tie with Tito in Cleveland. The Yanks are very dangerous if they have a lead after 4 or 5, that bullpen is scary solid. Cubbies don't scare me a bit. Waiting for the Nationals to go on a roll but they are dysfunctional. Houston is scary good and are probably going to make it very difficult for anyone. I'm torn between them and Cleveland going to WS.

Oh, if I were commissioner, I would let the WS teams have an expanded roster of 5 additional players for the first 31 days of the following season.

Going to a game in 2 weeks vs Cleveland. Should be a good one.

Due to the 8pm start last night I was asleep when the Sox came from behind to tie it up and then the walk off in extras. I was very pleasantly surprised to wake up to a win.
Due to a 4:30 a.m. wake up call, the Yanks were ahead when Gary went to bed.

Hi folks at this moment in time, I look like a red raw lobster as going to the gay pride so early in the morning on Saturday then getting back home in the evening was too much for me. ie Far to long in the hot sun.

Hi folks at this moment in time, I look like a red raw lobster as going to the gay pride so early in the morning on Saturday then getting back home in the evening was too much for me. ie Far to long in the hot sun.

Sunblock is a must!

Sunblock is a must!

I will make sure next time 100% I have sunblock on.

What-the-Hell ... no one gets sunburned in England. Gary would be happy to lend you some melanin, he has plenty.

What-the-Hell ... no one gets sunburned in England. Gary would be happy to lend you some melanin, he has plenty.

We are not really use to this heat here in the UK...lol

Most reactions

Back