The Coffee House

Gary found this in the park today.

OMG!!! Our previous baby Millie loved to run in the mud and water to cool off while we were hunting, but even she never got THAT muddy. Sadie is a little on the prissy side she gets dirty in the field, but she doesn't particularly like it. How do you ever get her clean???? Is her coat similar to a water spaniel, somewhat oily to resist the water????
Gary just hoses her down in the front. Her hair is soft and absorbant like human hair. It feels like human hair, much different than normal, coarse, water repellant dog fur. She was fairly clean for most of the walk ... but on the way out she took one more dip for the road.

That is one dirty dog! :)

I have been in a few earthquakes in Istanbul. I think the biggest measured in the 6 range somewhere. It was strong enough that I could see the walls swaying up on the 6th floor of the apartment building.

Got one of my 3-day headaches. Good times.

Miss Maggie has all the fun. Hope you can walk home from the park. I wouldn't want the mess in a car.

Living in Illinois we feel the New Madrid quakes. The last big one was 10 years ago maybe. It was at 5 am and woke me up with the bed shaking. My first thought, not being yet awake, was poltergeist.

5629F580-B5CD-4875-968A-AEBD8C2E4841.jpeg

Found this puppy in the yard, about a foot tall.

Well, Gary, there's definitely a lot of contrast in your life. :)

Morning all, cool here today but raining. Still have this horrible cold on my chest that is really slowing me down, so will be over the moon if and when it clears off.
Man, you've had that cold forever. Maybe it's time for some serious intervention by a doctor ...

I did have a chest X-Ray and it just showed up as a bad chest infection, so on some antibiotics that might just be working at last ( I hope ).

The sun is out and we have a nice cool breeze today here.

My weather app says it'll be 93 today.
That is stay inside weather.
Got a nice mug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gary is over here smiling as you people speak of earthquakes. :cool-48:

Though I'm not sure that it's something good to win at, the earthquake activity along the New Madrid fault line surpasses CA. In the known history of the world, no other earthquakes have lasted so long or produced so much evidence of damage as the New Madrid earthquakes. Three of the earthquakes are on the list of America’s top earthquakes: the first one on December 16, 1811, a magnitude of 8.1 on the Richter scale; the second on January 23, 1812, at 7.8; and the third on February 7, 1812, at as much as 8.8 magnitude. After the February 7 earthquake, the Mississippi actually ran backwards for several hours. The force of the land upheaval 15 miles south of New Madrid created Reelfoot Lake, drowned the inhabitants of an Indian village; turned the river against itself to flow backwards; devastated thousands of acres of virgin forest; caused sand blows, created two temporary waterfalls in the Mississippi, and forever changed the course of the river. There are literally 1000's of recorded quacks over the years. By and large they occur in areas without significant concentrations of structures, so most people have learned to ignore them as a part of daily life.

Went to the doctor for followup on the cataract surgery on the first eye, go back again next week, then done with it. So far no problems with the surgery. However, the fact that I required such strong glasses, is causing some major problems with vision, that I'll just have to put up with till the next surgery in just over another week. I'm getting a lot of eye strain in the eye not repaired as it trys to "keep up" with the repaired eye, and the color shift between the two is driving me crazy.

Most reactions

Back