The Coffee House

I'm tired. I quit. Goodnight.

Gary is home after a rough afternoon driving all over Los Angeles in LA traffic collecting all the electrical materials needed for the hot tub. After unloading the SUV Mary Lou whipped up some pork sandwiches from the pork loin Gary had Sous Vide earlier in the week. OMG, it was possibly the absolute best sandwich Gary has ever eaten. The pork was Sous Vide in a mixture of orange juice, wine, seasonings, garlic and basil. Mary Lou heated the pork in the leftover juices and dipped the rolls in same. She added a touch of chili verde to the pork as it was heated. It was delicious. Better than delicious ... (whatever that may be).

Last edited:
Waiting to see who unlocks the store.
Wishing I was still asleep.
We joke amongst ourselves about hot tubs and steam showers. This is Texas.
That is all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've already been busy this morning. I've got the house tidy, grocery lists made (and ordered the groceries for pickup), watched an episode of Jack Ryan on Amazon, and worked the computer to pay off my last Verizon bill. (I switched to T-Mobile. The service area isn't quite as good, but they paid off our phones ($800!) and the monthly bill is about the same with more benefits.)

I've already been busy this morning. I've got the house tidy, grocery lists made (and ordered the groceries for pickup), watched an episode of Jack Ryan on Amazon, and worked the computer to pay off my last Verizon bill. (I switched to T-Mobile. The service area isn't quite as good, but they paid off our phones ($800!) and the monthly bill is about the same with more benefits.)

Sounds like a good move to me! I hate debt!

Sounds like a good move to me! I hate debt!

Me too. We're aggressively paying down our graduate school debt (and the credit card debt that came with it). We are hoping that it'll all be paid off by the time we are done paying day care in a few years. It'll be right in time for us to shift that monthly expense over to college accounts, haha.

Coffee Report:

Gary is sipping his first cup of skillet roasted coffee. There is a burnt edge to the brew, but overall a much lighter cup than the popcorn popper. It's okay, but not to Gary's taste. The skillet coffee was unevenly roasted even though Gary constantly stirred the beans. Gary may integrate the skillet beans with the popcorn beans.

According to the latest weather report, we're not likely to get a drop from what's left of Florence. Havoc has been wreaked by this thing, yet here we sit, sunny and breezy. The wind has picked up and likely to continue gusting, but it's all dry air. Here's hoping there are no more fatalities from this hurricane, though with ongoing rising waters it's still extremely dangerous. Stay safe, to anyone still in its path!

Dave just recently got home with 30.46 hours for the week. Brought home requested groceries.
About to do half the pennies I'll ultimately do today, then comics, then the other half.
Blue sky and quite warm outside.

Gary hasn't any debt. :cool-48:
Gary is old. :cool-98:
Actually, Gary had a discussion with his accountant way back when Gary was in his early 50's. His accountant and he discussed a friend that went debt free. Gary decided that debt free wasn't a bad deal ... over the next few years did so and has kept to it ever since.

Last edited:
Other than a very modest mortgage, I am debt free. The house is worth more than 3x what I owe so I don’t really count that!

But with college for Princess 3 years away, and her recent talk about med school, that will likely change soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back