The Coffee House

I just hit 60K on my truck for the year.
Hopefully you're not the one making the illegal right hand turn all the time causing the rear right tires of the trailer to get stuck on the barrier, which then requires the police to be called, with a tow truck to pull you off the barrier, while blocking the road?

Seriously, that happens like once a week. It's extremely annoying.

Hope you feel better, @limr! A Netflix binge sounds amazing.

The in-laws are coming tonight, and the father-in-law is looking to buy a car tomorrow (he thinks he'll get a better price by us rather than in Brooklyn). So, I have been assigned the one to drive him around and likely do some of the negotiating for him. I hate buying cars, and I know I'm probably not going to appreciate buying one with him. He's very nice, but sometimes he can get hung up on the smallest of details. It's going to be interesting.

When I buy a car, I do all the negotiating up front for everyone before it starts. Surprising that it's actually worked for me twice, LOL. "The car is listed at $20K. You'll ask for my offer, I"ll say something ridiculous like $15 because I have to start low and you start high, then you'll go talk to your manager and come down to $19.5. I'll offer $16, and you'll talk to your manager and come down to $18.5. I'll give you one final offer of $17.5, and you'll come back with $18 after talking with your manager. We'll agree on $18. Can we just go with $18 now and call it a day without all of the back and forth?"

Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work.
That's exactly what it is. Hurdling down a highway.

When I lived outside Philly, I never had to get on a highway unless we were going out of town. Now, I have to drive one daily. Between the other drivers and tractor trailers, it's going to be the death of me.

I just hit 60K on my truck for the year. Drove to Jackson the other night, 28 cars passed me in the left lane, 21 were looking at their phones going 80 MPH
What could possibly go wrong?

28 cars passed me in the left lane, 21 were looking at their phones going 80 MPH
There are good and bad car drivers and good and bad truck drivers. I've seen truck drivers on laptops. I've seen car drivers reading magazines.

My favorite was the truck driver that blocked traffic by driving very slow in the left lane, which then caused one driver to get really bad road rage, fly in front of the truck, and slam on his brakes, causing everyone to brake and freak out.

Bad drivers all around.

@waday I despise car dealerships, and the way they run back and forth to a sales manager. Over the years, I've learned the best way is to build the specs on a vehicle, and send it to the sales manger for a quote, for order. Car dealers are notorious to load up vehicles with high margin (for them) accessories.

@waday I despise car dealerships, and the way they run back and forth to a sales manager. Over the years, I've learned the best way is to build the specs on a vehicle, and send it to the sales manger for a quote, for order. Car dealers are notorious to load up vehicles with high margin (for them) accessories.
That's a thought! I, too, despise them. Just the thought of having to deal with a salesperson is getting me anxious. When we bought the car for my wife, the salesman kept talking directly to me. I told him multiple times that it would be my wife's car, she's making the decision, and that he needed to speak to her. He only started talking to her when I ignored him.

@waday I like to pull an old sales trick out of the bag. When they come up to me wanting to help, I ask them if they're authorized to make a deal on price, if not then they can't help me and should bring me someone who can. They either have to lie, stutter, or go find their boss.

I find the quote for order to be the way I get exactly what I want at a fair price. I do the same thing on our trades. When I ask for the quote it's on a cash price (I'll arrange my own financing or use their's if more attractive at the time of delivery), with no trade in. Once I have a deal on the new one, I'll send out rfqs on my old vehicle. Because why in the world would you want to pay a car dealer to sell you car to a another dealer, and make a profit off doing it, when you can do the same thing?

Last edited:
Took the paint to the farmhouse yesterday. Probably take more than this weekend to complete the project, especially with rain in the forecast.

Certainly no rain on Baker Mayfield's first regular season NFL game, great to see those Browns fans so excited last night.

Car buying sucks. I kept my previous car way longer than I wanted to because I didn't want to deal with the bs from the dealerships.

Do you have any of those "the sticker price is the price" dealerships in your area? I can't think of the name of the chain...

Do you have any of those "the sticker price is the price" dealerships in your area?

Yeah these guys. LOL
1234.png

Commute in today was horrendous.

At least it's Friday!

tenor.gif

Sorry to hear that. Fridays are made for working remotely! My commute was also tough...tripped over the dog on the way from the kitchen to my desk.

I nearly tripped on Mrs.Parker this morning! Poor thing caught a piece of my foot, too. Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work. No working remotely for me.

However, I came in late and will leave early. Hosers, I am drained. Yesterday morning I was at an urgent care center to get checked out for an infection that developed nearly overnight. Nothing serious, but enough to cause my body to send all resources to fighting it. As a result, resources heretofore deployed to keeping the headache at bay or preventing the mysterious ache in my right elbow were redirected, leaving my head and elbow vulnerable to attack. So now they both hurt too.

And so, I am here for the few meetings I have to be at, and then I am leaving for some rest and recovery, some dinner with Buzz, and then some Netflix binge-watching with the kitties. (My current obsession is Agents of SHEILD.)

I swear my cat try's to trip me all the time. She runs in front of me and makes me hesitate all the time. One of these days she's gonna get stepped on. Hope you fell better

Thanks, JC. Am feeling better today. Low energy and not a lot of appetite, but manageable.

The funny thing is that it is usually Zelda who runs in front of my feet, so when my foot met fur, I yelled, "I'm so sorry Zelda!" and only then looked down and realized it was Mrs. Parker. As a brown tabby, she's kinda hard to see if the light is dim, so I am usually careful to watch out for her. This morning, I failed :(

Commute in today was horrendous.

At least it's Friday!

tenor.gif

Sorry to hear that. Fridays are made for working remotely! My commute was also tough...tripped over the dog on the way from the kitchen to my desk.

I nearly tripped on Mrs.Parker this morning! Poor thing caught a piece of my foot, too. Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work. No working remotely for me.

However, I came in late and will leave early. Hosers, I am drained. Yesterday morning I was at an urgent care center to get checked out for an infection that developed nearly overnight. Nothing serious, but enough to cause my body to send all resources to fighting it. As a result, resources heretofore deployed to keeping the headache at bay or preventing the mysterious ache in my right elbow were redirected, leaving my head and elbow vulnerable to attack. So now they both hurt too.

And so, I am here for the few meetings I have to be at, and then I am leaving for some rest and recovery, some dinner with Buzz, and then some Netflix binge-watching with the kitties. (My current obsession is Agents of SHEILD.)

I swear my cat try's to trip me all the time. She runs in front of me and makes me hesitate all the time. One of these days she's gonna get stepped on. Hope you fell better

Thanks, JC. Am feeling better today. Low energy and not a lot of appetite, but manageable.

The funny thing is that it is usually Zelda who runs in front of my feet, so when my foot met fur, I yelled, "I'm so sorry Zelda!" and only then looked down and realized it was Mrs. Parker. As a brown tabby, she's kinda hard to see if the light is dim, so I am usually careful to watch out for her. This morning, I failed :(
Why do they do that? They really seem like they are trying to trip us...

I lost my beloved Swansea City baseball cap sometime over the last few days. I'm terrible for putting things like caps and umbrellas down and then forgetting them. Anyway, I bought myself a Raiders cap to replace my lost love. I know, I'm shameless!

The only time recently when I tried to buy a used truck off a dealer lot it was a clusterfuge. I wish to get a used Mazda 3.
Probably a tote your note lot if it happens at all.

Sister made excellent Chicken and Rice the other night. It was still excellent just now.

No ice cream in the house.
If I take my roughly 7.50 in Quarters tomorrow i have to bring home sugar and toilet paper and maybe a half gallon of Blue Bell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back