The Coffee House

Yeah, I want some more.

They gave me Tylenol with codeine. I took one when I got home and it didn't do A whole lot. Got a bit drowsy. Took another one at about 1 and I just woke up half an hour ago. Knocked me flat. Good times.

Now I want more ice cream.

I had a prescription for that last fall. I think I only took one tablet.

I'll take another one before bed. In the meantime I'll try taking regular Tylenol. This hurts too much to go without painkillers.

I'll take another one before bed. In the meantime I'll try taking regular Tylenol. This hurts too much to go without painkillers.
well this should make you laugh. I took that phone application for a light meter out today. Took my old capitol junk light meter out too (1.5 volts bat instead of the 1.35), and one of the film cameras. Got three separate readings.. which one is right... huh...

Did you point them all at the exact same thing? Was it a contrasty kind of scene? I'd probably not trust the meter with the incorrect voltage, but the app meter and the camera could have been taking in different parts of the scene, resulting in a different reading. How off were they?

I'll often take several readings with the phone app meter - highlights, shadows for sure, and depending on what I'm shooting, I might meter snow if it's there, sky if I want it in the frame, light surfaces, dark surfaces...

Did you point them all at the exact same thing? Was it a contrasty kind of scene? I'd probably not trust the meter with the incorrect voltage, but the app meter and the camera could have been taking in different parts of the scene, resulting in a different reading. How off were they?
Hard to tell. Seemed to mostly go near 2 off. Going to bring out another camera and try it again, one i know works.. And yeah, dont know how far the light meter is off. Can't imagine it would be that far off but who knows. Probably swap them out. i took it for granted the camera was the right one..

I'll often take several readings with the phone app meter - highlights, shadows for sure, and depending on what I'm shooting, I might meter snow if it's there, sky if I want it in the frame, light surfaces, dark surfaces...
find out when i get some back from the film. Just dropped some in the mailbox actually. Don't know yet on the phone ap meter. i dont trust it. Not sure if it works. will play with it again though. It could come in handy. Right now i am thinking it is crap but don't want to be too quick to jump. On another note. had some kodak porta and bw pro come in today. But boy is that chit expensive. Holy begeezus. what is that like 7-8 bucks a roll? Forgot what i paid for it. Saw the invoice and got that lump in my throat. chit adds up dont it? won't be snap shooting that stuff. Be like dumping out good beer.

I basically just point the meter at what I'm shooting, dial it in, and hope to hell I got it right because I'm just winging it really.

I'm so freaking pumped for my orientation tomorrow. This is gonna ROCK. :D

I'm glad it went well for you, Leonore. Get better :icon_hug::icon_hug:

pretty. i am going to try to use it on portraits, maybe the occasional shot otherwise. The "really good" stuff is like 11 bucks a roll. Hoped the porta would be good enough. Designate a camera just with that. Another with bw film. the other two with fuji 400 and 800. Pretty much all i have been shooting is fuji 400 and 800. Figure if i keep them separate i will be more organized, not waste porta on snapshots and have a couple different speed choices or bw if i want it. I have enough film to last me a while now. Figure i am still shooting digital too so that will take the brunt of the snappy shots. When one of the fujis runs dry i want to try that agfa vista .. I have enough now to last me a while though.

I basically just point the meter at what I'm shooting, dial it in, and hope to hell I got it right because I'm just winging it really.

I'm so freaking pumped for my orientation tomorrow. This is gonna ROCK. :D
what orientation? i keep losing track in this room.

Good morning, Hosers!

What's going on?

Just another typical winter day in the South around here...NOT.
Moresnow_20150226web.jpg

Another 6 inches or so of snow last night. I feel like someone picked up my little Southern town, whirled us around, and threw us into the cold, harsh North!
And further south, they got even more--some places in Northern Alabama got 10" to a FOOT of snow. IN THE BYGOSH FREAKIN' SOUTH. That's just wrong.
It's pretty.
But it's wrong.

EDIT: I know the snow is blue. This was taken before sunrise. On a cell phone. And I've had no sleep. So I just don't care. :D

Most reactions

Back