The Coffee House

@oldhippy Ed, you all at least escaped this last round, which ended up being our biggest snowfall so far, about 6" here, more to the south of where I am and in the mountains, just about 40 minutes east of me. But y'all just got smacked around by every other storm these past two weeks! I hope you get running water again soon and that we BOTH have seen the last of the snow storms for the year! 60 here by Tuesday--pouring rain, by at least not snow!

@limr Let us know what the Doc says; hoping it's not a dry pocket, sounds like just normal pain. Hoping that by tomorrow you're through the worst of it!

@Everyone: I've been reading, but not commenting much lately. These 4:30 a.m. until 11 p.m. workdays have taken their toll! Hoping this morning was my LAST 4:30 a.m. wakeup call for a while!! We are back to regular service today. Still about 3 inches of snow on the ground but roads are clear (except the back roads). I'm usually awake by 5:30 a.m. anyway, but I *don't* usually have to get right to work that early, and I'm rarely EVER still up and actually functional at 11 p.m.

Probably working about half a day today. Already blew through 40 hours this week before the day ever started, but couldn't take the day off unfortunately.

Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

Yeesh, Sharon. That's a LONG day.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I at least get to do my work from home during the snow/ice (as long as I have power and internet), and I don't really "work" that whole time. I'll take breaks and read for a while, watch TV, go sit at my "viewing" window and watch my birds or take some photos of them…or go out and run off all the starlings!
But I have the dispatch radio on the entire time, and I keep all our social media and my emails checked at least once every 30 minutes the entire day, and I'm never more than a walk inside away from the computer--which means, no long photo walks in the snowy scene.

But, it is a really, really long day. And I'm very hopefully that I just had the last one for this winter!

Either way, that's insane. I can't stay awake that long, let alone WORK that long!

In other news, I love my new battery grip. Turns my 7D into an APS-C 1D.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I at least get to do my work from home during the snow/ice (as long as I have power and internet), and I don't really "work" that whole time. I'll take breaks and read for a while, watch TV, go sit at my "viewing" window and watch my birds or take some photos of them…or go out and run off all the starlings!
But I have the dispatch radio on the entire time, and I keep all our social media and my emails checked at least once every 30 minutes the entire day, and I'm never more than a walk inside away from the computer--which means, no long photo walks in the snowy scene.

But, it is a really, really long day. And I'm very hopefully that I just had the last one for this winter!
And working from home means you can close your door!

And working from home means you can close your door!

:laughing:
You got THAT right!! I came in to the office on…umm…Wednesday, I think (the days have all kinda blurred together, lol). Had a couple of meetings I had to attend.
I'd only been here about 10 minutes when the guy next to me started talking on his phone, and I thought "that's it then. THIS is the day I'm gonna finally just go postal." :lol:

Good morning, breakfast is finished. Country platter. Veggie style.
Potatoes, onions, mushrooms, green pepper. Fried in garlic infused oil. Seasoned with Spanish paprika, and a little hot sauce. Topped with 2 easy over free range eggs, Buddy you can't sit still and eat this. Ed

Ed, you're killing me! Solid foods feel like a dream to me. In all honesty, I probably could start on some more solid but still soft foods like scrambled eggs. I'm just too freaked out by anything getting stuck back there that I'm sticking to the pudding and soups and jello for another day or so.

Still, I'm dying for some pizza!

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. This has been an extremely busy week ... so some catch-up. Leo, I am glad it is over. Soon the pain will be over also. Don't be afraid to double up on the Tylenol or Advil if required. Tylenol and Advil work differently, mixing them is very effective. (That's what my physician friend does.) This has been a beautiful week. We had clouds with definition, snow in the mountains and temps in the 70's. This weekend it is supposed to rain.

Did they tell you to take Advil regularly even if you didn't need it for pain? I had some gum surgery a couple of years ago and they wanted me to do that just to lessen the swelling (ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory) even if I didn't need it for pain. Tylenol and codeine don't help with inflammation.

The prescription they gave me for pain was Tylenol with codeine. I've taken a total of four of those - once before the Novocaine wore off, once about 2 hours after that, and then one each before bed last night and the night before. Because I didn't want to keep knocking myself out, I used regular Tylenol on Wed and yesterday. Advil is better for swelling, but it can also have an anticoagulant effect, and I didn't want it to possibly interfere with the formation of the blood clots that protect the pockets. Last night I did start taking some Advil, though, and today I'll probably alternate it with the Tylenol if I need to. Honestly, I try to keep the pain meds to a minimum whatever they are. I've taken more medication in the past 2 days than I have in months! Probably helps keep them effective, too, so I don't have to take as much.

The dentist said everything is fine. No dry pocket. Because my teeth are crowded, he said the bones around the other teeth were sort of traumatized as well, and that could cause the kind of localized pain I was feeling. He said considering the surgery was only 2 days ago, I'm doing really well. The top left pocket is already closed up almost all the way. I still need to be careful with the bottom ones - keep them clean, wash with salt water, etc. He said the swelling is really minimum.

The dentist said everything is fine. No dry pocket. Because my teeth are crowded, he said the bones around the other teeth were sort of traumatized as well, and that could cause the kind of localized pain I was feeling. He said considering the surgery was only 2 days ago, I'm doing really well. The top left pocket is already closed up almost all the way. I still need to be careful with the bottom ones - keep them clean, wash with salt water, etc. He said the swelling is really minimum.

Good to hear!! That means that pizza IS in your near future! :D

Hey Leonore, I normally don't poke around in here and had to scroll all the way back to message 5255 to find out what was going on. See, I didn't know you were having them pulled, so it didn't hurt me a bit...LOL
Seriously...Take care of yourself. At least the worst part is over.

Hey Leonore, I normally don't poke around in here and had to scroll all the way back to message 5255 to find out what was going on. See, I didn't know you were having them pulled, so it didn't hurt me a bit...LOL
Seriously...Take care of yourself. At least the worst part is over.

Thanks, Rick! And I'm glad it didn't hurt you, too! :D

Leonore, good to hear that you're doing well (as well as can be hoped for, that is).

Leonard Nimoy is going where lots have gone before. I don't know what his belief system was, but I hope it was as he expected. He defined the role of Spock, and in turn it defined him. Fortunately, it appears he made his peace with both his creation, and what it made of him.

Most reactions

Back