The Coffee House

.. but the eyes still stayed darker. she looks like a raccoon.
"Racoon eyes" is probably caused by excessive shadowing in the eye sockets. It can be minimized by a different placement of the light. If your light was coming mostly from above; (i.e.: the ceiling), then if you lower the position of the light, more light will go deeper into the eye sockets.

"Racoon eyes" is probably caused by excessive shadowing in the eye sockets. It can be minimized by a different placement of the light. If your light was coming mostly from above; (i.e.: the ceiling), then if you lower the position of the light, more light will go deeper into the eye sockets.
would it help if i have them stare directly at the softbox? (not that i would want to stare at such a thing)

All Zelda knows is that she loves her new box. This was taken about 2.3 seconds after I put the box on the floor.
2015-02-28 09.34.51.jpg

I thought Bri especially would enjoy it.:1398:

would it help if i have them stare directly at the softbox? (not that i would want to stare at such a thing)
Probably not. The issue is the placement of the light relative to the person's face.

Also; staring at a softbox wouldn't be uncomfortable unless you are using continuous lighting.

Bell has leopard eyes.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. No rain other than the six inch rain which was attempting to electrocute me while I mowed the lawn. It is a beautiful morning. It is 59F right now ... I suspect it my hit 70F today. When I retrieved I noticed tons of wonderful distinct clouds with sharp edges and shades as opposed to the hazy, soupy unicolor Marine Layer we usually have in the mornings. Cook and I or off for our walk. Tata.

Read in the paper today that February 2015 has been the coldest on record in Montreal. Almost every night has been between -18C and -23C, with occasional lows at -27C. Daytime highs were between -10C and -15C. Not a single day when the temperature went above freezing (the highest for the month was one afternoon at -2C). Winds were higher than normal as well, winds averaging out about 15 km/h, with some days having steady winds of about 30 km/h and gusting to 60+km/h. So with the wind-chill, perceived temperatures were consistenly in the -30C to -40C range. Ugh.

I'm getting lots of calls from people with humongous ice dams (roofing is one of the things my contracting company does), looking for solutions. And I tell them that at these temperatures, any deficiencies in the house envelope are amplified (heat loss, drafts, insufficient water-proofing). Not looking forward to the end-of-March thaw that usually REALLY shows up the roofing deficiencies.

BTW- The LA Times has a huge article, front page above the fold with photos and illustration, continued to the inside. Mr. Spock was active in our community contributing to the arts, publishing his photo books, attending many Star Trek conventions, et al. He meant a lot to many people, he will be missed.

^This^^ I also often use a small reflector right under the chin to bring light back up into the face, especially with prominent noses and/or deep eye sockets.

Then there's the EyeLighter. I discovered that this past weekend. Makes for some spectacular catch lights in the eyes.

Most reactions

Back