The Coffee House

I need more coffee but can't be bothered to make a whole new pot just for one cup (French press). Luckily, you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a Starbucks so when we head out in the afternoon, I'm sure I only have to suffer for a block or two before I get my fix.

I'll join ya, Paul! I need another coffee and Canadian winters don't scare me :)

You see... there's still another way. I've skypied a joint breakfast with my daughter in Vancouver. Kinda works, but needs coordination over the time zones. However, I'll be in internet-free spaces in about half an hour, so we'll have to wait. On the other hand, the next time I and my lovely wife come down to the New York area (we've got lots of family there), I'll buy you and significant other a coffee or maybe even better. That's a promise.

Paul, in that case, you're welcome to come to Iowa, too! :allteeth:

My oldest daughter lives in St. Louis. Luke, the grandson, played his last soccer match today. It was 35F. Sarah, a SoCal girl, thought the whole thing was crazy.

Hey, Gary! I just popped in for a minute, not really staying long.
Got to get to the store, and I think maybe I'll work on a new birdfeeder today. Might go shoot some birds later if the weather improves any, but that isn't looking promising.

Probably will be back on later this afternoon or evening while I watch some football.

Seeing the sun would improve things somewhat but even that isn't seeming too likely.

Amazing: There's 16 inches of snow up in the Smokies now and still snowing. That is more than DOUBLE the previous record snowfall for November 1.

And I just saw pictures of a residential area about halfway between me and the GSMNP. They have easily 7 or 8 inches there. That's less than 30 minutes away from me!
Not even a dusting here. Guess I should count my blessings. I'll have to do it while I'm inside though; if I go out there, my fingers will be too cold to count anything on them. :D

Closest snow here is up at Mt. Baldy in the San Gabriels, about 30 minutes away. I'm about halfway between the beach and the mountains, 30 minutes in opposite directions. In winter, it will be in the 40's at Mt. Baldy or mid-60's to 70's at the beach.

The other day Mary Lou came home with a new footstool. Cookie saw how Mary Lou rested her feet on the stool and decided to try it out.

Resting2-X2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back