The Coffee House

Buenos Dios Coffee Hosers. The Hummers are going through the nectar like a hot knife through butter. It will be in the 80's today. I'm finally getting around to testing that lens. I think I'll head out to the beach, (which will be in the 70's).

Still haven't figured out my sinus/drip problem. I tried the Flonase, it didn't help much. It is so odd, when I initially go horizontal, after an hour or two, the top of my throat feels uncomfortable and sorta clogged ... so I get up, move to the living room resting with my back upright (sitting position), drink some water and try to grab some rest. After an hour or so the clogged feeling is gone and I go back to bed with no discomfort for the rest of the night. I'm taking Zyrtec, which is the Costco equivalent of Claritin (I think), once in the morning and again before I go horizontal for the night.

I live about 15 miles to the beach, I guess I need to move closer, more like 15 feet.
try a few shots of southern comfort or jim beam
I prefer Scotch.

Have you tried reading the card without the monitor connected? Maybe one has nothing to do with the other.

I never had a problem with it before hooking up the monitor. I think it somehow has to do with running the computer with the lid closed. I have the laptop tucked under my desk so it's kind of a pain in the butt to pull it out to get to the card reader. I might just put it in the netbook, then save it to a flash drive.

Zelda is obsessed with the scanner, and today she has apparently learned that pressing the touch tone screen gets the scanner to make the noises she likes.
Funny kitty.

She is quite silly :)

It's snowing. Not heavy, but it's been snowing since about 10.

And no, it doesn't bother me.

Have you tried reading the card without the monitor connected? Maybe one has nothing to do with the other.

I never had a problem with it before hooking up the monitor. I think it somehow has to do with running the computer with the lid closed. I have the laptop tucked under my desk so it's kind of a pain in the butt to pull it out to get to the card reader. I might just put it in the netbook, then save it to a flash drive.

Zelda is obsessed with the scanner, and today she has apparently learned that pressing the touch tone screen gets the scanner to make the noises she likes.
Funny kitty.

She is quite silly :)
You could get a card reader with a cord.

Mowing bothers me. I rather it snow than mow.

I always hated mowing, too. It used to be one of my chores as a child. We didn't have a riding mower, either. I was lucky it was at least motorized and not one of those old manual rotary mowers! I rescued many a toad from those blades.

I always hated mowing, too. It used to be one of my chores as a child. We didn't have a riding mower, either. I was lucky it was at least motorized and not one of those old manual rotary mowers! I rescued many a toad from those blades.
i graduated from being a youngster. Started with a manual (no engine) push to a lawn tractor with a cup holder. It isn't so bad now.

I love the actual process of mowing. I just hate the amount of time it takes. It was one of the few tasks I even really enjoyed as a teen--but my brothers usually "got" to mow.

The goat union wants to have a talk with youse people. You're taking sustenance away from a hard-working patriotic goat.

Haha - pgriz posted while I was typing -- we're on the same path.

Lenny - Poke around the Control Panel for "What closing the lid does" option. I can see it in Power Options on Windows 8. I don't know it will fix your issue, but it's worth a shot. I know the county laptop is fine as long as it's in the docking bay, but it sounds like your just plugged into the monitor port.

Grrrrrr, I'm annoyed today.

My internet connection is flaky on my laptop ever since I hooked up the external monitor. Now I can't seem to get the computer to read an SD card. I sometimes scan prints on a scanner I have - it's actually a wireless 3-in-1 contraption, but I have never been able to get the wireless to work reliably, and the printer isn't that great, so I just use it to scan things onto an SD card that I then transfer to the computer. Except now the computer isn't reading the card. Grrrrrrr.

I have a similiar issue with the card reader on my desktop, but it's not related to a monitor or scanner, it's just a slightly screwy refurb desktop.
If I plug in one of my external drives first, then put a card in the sd card reader, it will NOT read it. But as long as I put the card in FIRST, then I can plug in external drives too, and it will read from both.

No goat or sheep. They take the grass down to the root so there is little chance of regrowth. I prefer something more along the lines of a Bison. Bisons leave enough of the plant where's there's a chance to grow back. What I should do is remove the grass and toss in native plants and succulents, little to no watering and no mowing (or snowing).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back