The Coffee House

Cripes on a cracker--that thing is monstrously sized for a 40mm...I bet the optical performance was the overriding design parameter, because "compactness" was clearly nowhere on the list of parameters! Looking forward to hearing more about this exciting optic! And,well, just wow--f/0.85!!! SMOKING FAST!!!

I was thinking the same thing about not making compromises in optical performance ... but in my initial tests I don't see a significant differences between Fujinon and HandleVision.

What friggin' monster!!!! :eek: What's the sticker price on that beast for us mere mortals who have to pay for our glass? :p I honestly can't say it looks very appealing; it would have to have IQ out the wazoo for me to even consider it.... looking forward to seeing you put it through it's paces.
The puppy is $1200USD.

What friggin' monster!!!! :eek: What's the sticker price on that beast for us mere mortals who have to pay for our glass? :p I honestly can't say it looks very appealing; it would have to have IQ out the wazoo for me to even consider it.... looking forward to seeing you put it through it's paces.
The puppy is $1200USD.
It better make me lunch and sing O Canada!

Morning, hosers! No activity today - either everyone is taking off early or just asleep. I'm off starting tomorrow, but just sitting here at work with coffee/snack now. It's cold again, but getting warmer after today. As for work, it's still work, with its usual pluses/minuses.

I'm here, just haven't posted this morning. Woke up with some stomach issues, so I'm running late to work. I'd just take a sick day, but I've got a meeting this afternoon. A meeting that I'd LOVE to avoid by being sick, but I really just can't.
We don't even get Good Friday off--even though we are government. It's weird; the City employees get Friday, but we don't. I usually just use a personal day and take it off anyway.
This year I wasn't going to take it, because it's supposed to be really rainy here Friday--but I have got SO much stuff to do, that I'm really needing a day off to do it anyhow.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. It should be another jammin' perfect day. I have to travel to San Juan Capistrano today, about 35 miles south. If I have time I'll hit the mission.

More from the review:

Again, to qualify these opening images ... I am not a manual focus guy. I hate manual focus. I have decades of manual focus experience, shooting everyday for my newspaper(s). I found all three methodologies offered by the XT1 for manual focus, does not measure up by any standard, to the vastly easier and faster split-image focus w/ auto aperture reset of a SLR.

Here are some snaps from walking the dog and attempting to adjust to MF.

aperture%209.jpg

aperture%2010.jpg

aperture%2011.jpg

Morning, hosers! Gotta get my car back today. Having the clutches in the DCT automatic replaced. Also gotta pick up my prints to put together my automotive portfolio. Yay!

More from the review:

Again, to qualify these opening images ... I am not a manual focus guy. I hate manual focus. I have decades of manual focus experience, shooting everyday for my newspaper(s). I found all three methodologies offered by the XT1 for manual focus, does not measure up by any standard, to the vastly easier and faster split-image focus w/ auto aperture reset of a SLR.

aperture%209.jpg

aperture%2010.jpg

aperture%2011.jpg
looks pretty good to me. I like it. I still shoot manual focus half the time.

More from the review:

aperture%209.jpg

aperture%2010.jpg

aperture%2011.jpg
looks pretty good to me. I like it. I still shoot manual focus half the time.
I have nearly zero expertise with manual focusing on a Fuji X camera ... so I'm low on the learning curve with all these shots.

aperture%204.jpg

aperture%205.jpg

I've never seen a concave front element either. Typically, the front element is designed for light gathering and not focus ... I guessing ... really guessing, that being concave may help with edge sharpness at the larger apertures. Anybody with some optical knowledge can jump right in and provide an answer better than a guess, (please).

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

I just returned from the post office to mail a necklace to our granddaughter.

I put teh little envelope on the scale, and the clerk started out at something OVER $27!!!!! GASP!!! WHA????

I choked out the words; "uh, no," And then "why can't we just put a stamp on it?"

Because it's "parcel post" is why. So eventually she got down to $2.40, which I agreed to.

So it accosted me $2.40 to send a $0.50 necklace, but I've just made two females happy.

Whew!

Hey hosers.

I'm in a massively pissy mood today. I totally need to punch something. Why don't I have a punching bag at home???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back