The Coffee House

Also, I'm hungry, I need the bathroom, and I need more coffee, but I'm stuck here for another...probably 30 minutes by the time it's all said and done.

These certainly don't sound like conditions conducive to studying boring material - my sympathies.

66 degrees now, with a predicted high temp of 81 degrees. We usually have a couple days in the 80's in April. We're coming off of three straight, sunny, windless, gorgeous, 70-something days. I've been thinking about doing some spring salmon fishing for the first time in years. May is the best month of the season for spring chinook. As in California, and Washington, our rivers are low, and we don't have much snowpack in the mountains, so that means lower water, which is my favorite for the spinner fishing I prefer.

Warm here too over the weekend and unseasonably so, but today's more like it, cool and rainy, gloom and doom, cats and dogs... Over the weekend went to our local college hockey team's end of the season banquet. Booster club supporters and whatnot get seated at a player's table and ours just signed with an NHL team, great rejoicing for him (and his mom).

Getting nothin' done today, sitting here listening to the dryer and trying to motivate to do something productive. Or not.

Chinese tonight.

_GA12776.jpg

Another from the parade.

bringing my younger daughter out shooting with me the other day. Good times.
P1000874_01.JPG

Morning, hosers. I'm off to take my exam this morning. I've got my four freshly-sharpened #2 pencils! Wish me luck!

Well, this is shaping up to be a very good week--despite a sick day yesterday because of a headache. I did still go to the gathering to celebrate the 94th birthday of one of my Sunday School ladies, but I ended up begging off from meeting some friends for walking. It was really windy and a bit cool, and I felt like it had too much potential to make my head hurt more instead of less.

Head still hurts, but not nearly as much. Not even a stalker headache now; more of a lurker headache--you know it's still there, but it doesn't really show itself.

So why is it a good week? Well--I experimented with formal studio portrait work for the first time ever--I'm selecting photos for possible display at two new exhibit/shows. AND I've got two new-to-me pieces of gear headed my way; one of them is particularly exciting to me. I'll tell you more when it gets here!! Expecting both items on Thursday. Might have to take Friday off...

Morning, hosers. I'm off to take my exam this morning. I've got my four freshly-sharpened #2 pencils! Wish me luck!
Good luck!

As Sharon said, you don't need luck when you have smarts on you side. But just in case, I'm crossing my fingers and toes on your behalf. You understand, I hope, that this is a sacrifice, as it makes both typing and walking rather difficult. But one has to make sacrifices for one's friends. :allteeth:

Morning, hosers!

Finish that exam quickly Leonore so Paul can walk normally again. You'll pass of course but we must take into consideration his twisted digits.

Sitting here waking up at work with my coffee. I can't tell yet if this is a day that I want to be awake for, but I suppose we'll see won't we?

Well, this is shaping up to be a very good week--despite a sick day yesterday because of a headache. I did still go to the gathering to celebrate the 94th birthday of one of my Sunday School ladies, but I ended up begging off from meeting some friends for walking. It was really windy and a bit cool, and I felt like it had too much potential to make my head hurt more instead of less.

Head still hurts, but not nearly as much. Not even a stalker headache now; more of a lurker headache--you know it's still there, but it doesn't really show itself.

So why is it a good week? Well--I experimented with formal studio portrait work for the first time ever--I'm selecting photos for possible display at two new exhibit/shows. AND I've got two new-to-me pieces of gear headed my way; one of them is particularly exciting to me. I'll tell you more when it gets here!! Expecting both items on Thursday. Might have to take Friday off...
Now if you get a drive in with the top down ... you'll have this week made.

Morning, hosers!

Finish that exam quickly Leonore so Paul can walk normally again. You'll pass of course but we must take into consideration his twisted digits.

Sitting here waking up at work with my coffee. I can't tell yet if this is a day that I want to be awake for, but I suppose we'll see won't we?
Ahhh ... that's a lot of poppycock from Paul. You can walk just fine with your toes crossed, you just gonna walk backwards.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back