The Coffee House

This might make up for your unexpected meeting this morning: The 20 Best Suspicious Quotation Marks
Slow website there.

I don't know how many people noticed what I did a couple of days ago: I purposely added apostrophes where they shouldn't be, and apparently nobody caught it, or just didn't mention it.

I was so proud of my 8th-grade-humor joke that I felt the need to tell my wife about it.

I crack me up!

Here's one I took a number of years ago--the entire sign is really pretty much FULL of awesomeness. Dun yer way, lol!
Good Lord! Horseshoe "A" on a food sign?

Keeping a low profile for the next two weeks................
Uh.. don't keep so low that uh.. somebody mistakes your low profile for being, uh.. you know, uh.. not uh.. needing those tubes anymore.

Here's one I took a number of years ago--the entire sign is really pretty much FULL of awesomeness. Dun yer way, lol!
Good Lord! Horseshoe "A" on a food sign?

The shoes were the only part left after they made lunch, so they had to go somewhere.

My favorite language error from work is in a document that concerned certain water-based formulations that were thickened, i.e., "rheologically modified" (rheology describes fluid flow), but in fact referred to them as "theologically modified." My guess is that someone wasn't paying attention when using the spell checker, which probably doesn't know the word "rheologically" (I've taught mine lots of funny technical words, but not everyone bothers.

Hee, this just showed up on my Facebook feed, posted by one of the grammar pages I follow:

11062650_712488395528985_1815056514114184879_n.png

Kitteh rites gooder than me.

Ok. So I don't have a chinese fan, or a hussier jacket. I don't have a sextant or an astroblade. But I do have a few umbrellas, stands and one camera. For my unprofessional debut, see the following The unprofessional photographer. Photography Forum. Daughter says they are better than her cell phone. So based on that low standard, I guess I succeeded. And as far as youse guys are concerned, should I turn the camera back in, or is there hope?

Ok. So I don't have a chinese fan, or a hussier jacket. I don't have a sextant or an astroblade. But I do have a few umbrellas, stands and one camera. For my unprofessional debut, see the following The unprofessional photographer. Photography Forum. Daughter says they are better than her cell phone. So based on that low standard, I guess I succeeded. And as far as youse guys are concerned, should I turn the camera back in, or is there hope?
There's hope!

You got me laughing over hussier jacket, haven't even gotten to your link yet! lol Hendrix, now I get it. And too late to be IBTL I found a photo of the real thing from the 1850s (and the soldier has this gigantic feather on top of his hat).

Anyway, besides wasting time now I'll go look at your un-pro thread Paul. Which I imagine will be better than you seem to think.

Bad spelling and grammar? Hang out at a Jeep (or almost any 4x4) forum for a while. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back