The Coffee House

Leonore - they actually can put thumbs back on, now, though I'm real glad you didn't get to experience it first hand.
I am sorry for the pun . . . well, maybe I'm not. :sexywink:

Here's one I took a number of years ago--the entire sign is really pretty much FULL of awesomeness. Dun yer way, lol!
View attachment 99790

OK, Sharon - is this place in the Big-K (Knoxville) or in 'lanta?
Neither, technically. Which is another part to the awesomeness of it all. The sign was right here in Knoxvegas. However, somehow--amazingly--the store never actually opened. The sign hung in the window for about two years but the shop never saw opening day.

I know, you are probably as stunned as I that someone who come up with THAT sign somehow never quite got their business mojo swinging quite far enough to make a success of such a stellar business concept. Maybe their supplier for "right" ingredients got caught while trying to steal the horses for the Opening Day "Special." :lol:

I know, you are probably as stunned as I that someone who come up with THAT sign somehow never quite got their business mojo swinging quite far enough to make a success of such a stellar business concept. Maybe their supplier for "right" ingredients got caught while trying to steal the horses for the Opening Day "Special." :lol:
Maybe they became CL photographers.

Morning, Leonore, Sharon, Gary, Charlie, and all other esteemed and respected colleagues. Please cancel the Ark. The rains have stopped. At least for the next two-three days. As rains go, they weren't torrential, more of an intermittent spit and drizzle variety, but enough to prevent any outdoor work. Now that the weather is nicer, and warmer (although "warmer" is relative), I'm expecting the explosion of leafery (correct term: foliage, but we TPF's can be occasionally creative, even if we're not all wearing hussar jackets) and the bare twigs will be clothed again.

Two trouble-shooting appointments today, one site visit, one quote presentation. And a pile of invoicing/bookkeeping that I've been avoiding.

I think I need another coffee.

Sounds like a full day of paper cuts, Paul. I'm sure mine will involve some as well since I'll be at the lawyer's and also grading papers today.

And speaking of cuts, that avocado incident seems to have yielded an injury after all. The skin was not broken, as I said, but this morning I woke up with a tiny bruise on my thumb - just a small line and a little redness, as if the skin had been broken but had a few days to heal and close up but you can still see the mark.

Bodies are weird.

Morning, hosers! I hope all your bruises heal and everyone's weather improves. Here it's pretty nice, predicted high in the high 60's, which I'll take over hot weather any time. There's a beer garden next door to work which opened Friday and attracted only a few hardy souls in coats, as it was cool and breezy. Yesterday they didn't open at all, but I think today they might. It always helps morale around here when it does open. :trink39:

Morning, hosers! I hope all your bruises heal and everyone's weather improves. Here it's pretty nice, predicted high in the high 60's, which I'll take over hot weather any time. There's a beer garden next door to work which opened Friday and attracted only a few hardy souls in coats, as it was cool and breezy. Yesterday they didn't open at all, but I think today they might. It always helps morale around here when it does open. :trink39:

Wow, y'all GROW beer up there? Man, my brother would think he'd died and gone to heaven with a Beer Garden, he'd be out there picking the harvest all day long! :lol:

It's strictly a "Northern" thing. you see, when nice weather does come around, we get so excited that we try to do absolutely everything outside.

Because we can.

Even drink beer. LOLs

I know, right?

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!! Have to be in Oklahoma City at 11am, and I overslept! I'll have to stop for coffee on the way! Another shoulder dressing change................ hopefully the 3rd to last one!

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!! Have to be in Oklahoma City at 11am, and I overslept! I'll have to stop for coffee on the way! Another shoulder dressing change................ hopefully the 3rd to last one!

Good luck!

Hey, anyone want a funky Tuesday morning optical illusion? Just read this article and the main picture totally feels like it's moving when you look just to the side or above/below it. Kewl!

(Oh, plus it might be an interesting article, but who reads for the articles? ;) )

Maybe You Should Rethink That Daily Aspirin Shots - Health News NPR

Why don't you just leave the shoulder there?

Most reactions

Back