The Coffee House

just sent another one hour order in for walmart. Just a 8x10 film print for someone. Hate to do it as they never look the same. when i order out i always check "do not color correct" etc. This is a bw. It just never looks the same. Almost like whatever walmart uses for electronic process tries to clean it up some how anyway. In which i don't want it clean up i want it as is. I asked them about it once, they said there is nothing they can do. Just how the software and machine is made. Fuji machine they print off i think.

you know the orders come in electronic, assigned numbers, machine spits them off. The system and machine really don't give a rats azz it just follows code and your photo is just another number.

i'll get it and part of the film grain look will be frucked prolly, shadows amiss as it electronically does whatever the fruck it does.

It's strictly a "Northern" thing. you see, when nice weather does come around, we get so excited that we try to do absolutely everything outside.

Because we can.

Even drink beer. LOLs

I know, right?
We have a ton of indoor/outdoor eateries here. All kinds and everywhere. People really like the outdoor seating so they can bring their dogs with them. Many of the restaurants will serve the dogs. The wineries we hit over the weekends all had outdoor areas.

IMG_0722-X3.jpg

iPhone image. The wind was blowing making jackets and blankets a necessity. This was Rosenthal, on PCH. The 'garden' part ran into the Santa Monica Mountains and literary across the street was the Pacific.

IMG_0714-X3.jpg

iPhone image.

The Santa Monica Mountains. Not very tall, but still on the wild side with a population of Mountain Lions and bears.

IMG_0717-X3.jpg

iPhone image.

A wider view of the 'garden'. There was entertainment, a acoustical guitar and an 'lectric violin. Even in summer the nights get very very cool and the heaters come into play.

IMG_0719-X3.jpg

iPhone image.

The winery also brought in a food truck. Aztec Catering or somethin'. The food was quite good. Under all the toppings was a huge slab of perfectly grill Salmon, with a crust of seasonings. Mary Lou had tacos which came with this creamy chipotle sauce that was to die for. That yellow stuff is mango and in the background are the Santa Monica Mountains. Looking south we could see the parachutes of wind surfers. The musicians were very entertaining.

Last edited:
your iphone images are better than most of my camera images. And your camera images are crystal clear. Cant figure out if it is the camera or lens or you post process them to perfection. Just know it is better than most of what my lenses and me turn out.

He's got skilzzzz....

And he knows how to use them.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. I can emphasize with Paul ... a ton of paperwork today. My ten o'clock appointment has been canceled so The Cook and I may take a longer walk. See ya.

Wow, y'all GROW beer up there? Man, my brother would think he'd died and gone to heaven with a Beer Garden, he'd be out there picking the harvest all day long! :lol:

We get it any way we can.

He's got skilzzzz....

he does, but nope. It just isn't the operator. Nice try.

Bullsh$t. Gary is that good and we all know it.
he is very good, but there is no discounting proper lighting and equipment and post process..

But understanding how to USE the lighting and equipment and post processing to produce great results is what MAKES a good "operator."
I could take my best friend out to a beautiful spot, with good light. I could give her my best equipment and then give her access to my processing software.
I could instead use my cell phone and we could then both take pictures of the same thing. My results will be better than hers. She had the proper lighting, equipment and post-processing software, but *I* had a better understanding of how to USE them.

Gary is a master because he knows how to best work with what he has.

He's got skilzzzz....

he does, but nope. It just isn't the operator. Nice try.

Bullsh$t. Gary is that good and we all know it.
he is very good, but there is no discounting proper lighting and equipment and post process..

But understanding how to USE the lighting and equipment and post processing to produce great results is what MAKES a good "operator."
I could take my best friend out to a beautiful spot, with good light. I could give her my best equipment and then give her access to my processing software.
I could instead use my cell phone and we could then both take pictures of the same thing. My results will be better than hers. She had the proper lighting, equipment and post-processing software, but *I* had a better understanding of how to USE them.

Gary is a master because he knows how to best work with what he has.
what kind of cell phone? It makes a world of difference..:bouncingsmileys:

Most reactions

Back