The Coffee House

Yesterday, we tried out a new deli in Huntington Beach. It was good, great rye bread, okay pastrami. Across the street was a camera store that I've never new existed. So I checked it out ... I almost purchased a Nikon FTn with a 50mm f/1.4 for $130. The camera was just a bit too beat up, nothing unusual, just a few too many rub marks and scratches ... but it was really tempting.

image.jpg
I'm having my coffee in the back.

Trying out Charlie's instructions for loading directly from phone to TPF. (iPhone images.)

image.jpg
Some peppers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Nice place to have coffee.

Speaking of coffee, I think I need some more, y'all. I had my 2 cups already but I'm dragging this morning. I slept okay but probably not quite enough. This is also the time of the semester when I get really drained and am tired all the time. Almost done and exhausted, but still need enough energy for the last little push.

Back from our walk. Back in the back sipping my cold coffee ... reading the paper ... fixing some stuff. Mary Lou reading the paper and checking out some new places to hit in Santa Barbara. Cook is lying beside me making sure were all safe from squirrels. The center of this place in Santa Barbara which we will explore has 21 wine tasting rooms.

Last edited:
Gonna slow cook a pork roast while we snoop some backyards. Gonna toss some of those green chillies (above) in with the pork. Hey, a pair of bright yellow and black Orioles just appeared in the back. Mary Lou ran off to get them some jelly. Cook is all excited.

All this gardening talk reminds me that I have to start hitting the farmers' markets. They are usually ramping up just about now.

haven't even barely started our garden. wife started putting seedlings in pots. About it. still have to finish some landscaping before we go to far on the garden Thinking of having another 20 yards brought in. about sick of the unlevel yard and barely any grass. It used to be a ravine. I must have hauled in 15 dump truck loads at this point over the years.

Boy does she look like she's feeling better! (Claire that is, I'm catching up.) Such good news Gary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back