The Coffee House

Just brewed my 3 cups, laying here reading various forums. Think I may drive out to the refuge and see how the lakes and ponds have filled up. They were getting really low last time I was out there, but judging from here in town, I bet they are all full now!

Oh, my iPad purchase was deemed necessary as a vital link in the purchase of a drone later this month!

:clap: :boogie:

Back from our backyard outing. Three home were very nice and we gleaned some ideas on drought tolerant yards. We're drinking wine in the patio. A breeze is picking up and delivering cool ocean air ... time to go inside. We polished off the remaining Mondavi Fume Blanc from the other day and now working on a Marimar Estate Syrah. The Syrah is clean and delightful.

rototiller, rototiller when will we be done. still rototilling, getting there. still laying grass seed, getting there.still leveling, getting there. Wife doing it too. She started roping off this years garden today... Getting there.

small problem. Cant get the trucks out back, plows out back and the boat out without running over the new lawn. Probably should have moved things around BEFORE we started laying seed. Could stick with the canoe i suppose..

Holy crap, active shooter in our area on a trail I frequently visit too... :(

Apparently someone shot and killed three to five people on a trail I actually frequent. Glad I didn't go there tonight...

Apparently someone shot and killed three to five people on a trail I actually frequent. Glad I didn't go there tonight...
you could have got pics!!!

i hear ya though. Safety first.

Sunday was a gorgeous, summer-like day. My wife and I went to the cottage to start reclaiming it from nature's grasp. Taking care of the winter-fall took the better part of four hours, then trimming the various overgrown bushes, trees, and shrubbery, took another two. The compost pile needed some TLC - too dry and needed aeration. Installed a new (well, used but mostly new) stove, as the old one was literally rusting out, and discovered that the wiring had to be redone as it was 1960's era. Took care of a few other things, and got home quite late. This morning, the back told me what it thought of yesterday's activities, complaining like a really crotchety old man. Another weekend or two and the place will be livable again. I had high hopes of doing some photography, since some of the trees were just beginning to have the first leaves emerging from their buds, and the rest had their branches rimmed with a reddish tone, as the buds and first tree blossoms opened up. But by the time we finished up what had to be done, the sun had already set and the light was fading. Ah well. Maybe today.

I hope your back recovers quickly Paul and you find some photos. Mine complains sometimes when I get involved in the sort of stuff you describe, but generally it gives me very little trouble, for which I am grateful.

I'm having my coffee at work - it seems a little slow on here this morning - it is a Monday after all. I just tried to sign onto a new company communication medium and it told me that I needed a newer version of IE. Of course the one I have is the one everyone has, as far as I know - these things are updated automatically - so I'm confused.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. I processed 150 or so additional images of the Hawaiian Garden Parade. Still not done, now I have to run them through PS for polishing, (cropping, straightening, selective dodging & burning, B&W conversion). I promised The City the final images today so I best get to work.

@ Paul, it's nice to have a place away from home for a retreat. I have a condo in Palm Springs that I haven't used in decades, so I'm dumping it. Yesterday Mary Lou was making a smoothie for work. The recipe called for mango (which we had in the frig) and celery, cucumber, basil, mint, kale and lettuce ... and we had all that in the yard. It was nice not having to run to the store. My physician takes Tylenol and Advil prior to any heavy activity.

I hope your back recovers quickly Paul and you find some photos. Mine complains sometimes when I get involved in the sort of stuff you describe, but generally it gives me very little trouble, for which I am grateful.

I'm having my coffee at work - it seems a little slow on here this morning - it is a Monday after all. I just tried to sign onto a new company communication medium and it told me that I needed a newer version of IE. Of course the one I have is the one everyone has, as far as I know - these things are updated automatically - so I'm confused.
I have a chromic old lower back football injury. Usually I just ignore it and plow on ... but lately, I've found I sleep much better if I take Tylenol/Advil at night.

59F right now, should hit 72F by the afternoon. With all these aches, this place seems more like an ol' farts home than a photo forum.

Sunday was a gorgeous, summer-like day. My wife and I went to the cottage to start reclaiming it from nature's grasp. Taking care of the winter-fall took the better part of four hours, then trimming the various overgrown bushes, trees, and shrubbery, took another two. The compost pile needed some TLC - too dry and needed aeration. Installed a new (well, used but mostly new) stove, as the old one was literally rusting out, and discovered that the wiring had to be redone as it was 1960's era. Took care of a few other things, and got home quite late. This morning, the back told me what it thought of yesterday's activities, complaining like a really crotchety old man. Another weekend or two and the place will be livable again. I had high hopes of doing some photography, since some of the trees were just beginning to have the first leaves emerging from their buds, and the rest had their branches rimmed with a reddish tone, as the buds and first tree blossoms opened up. But by the time we finished up what had to be done, the sun had already set and the light was fading. Ah well. Maybe today.
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. I processed 150 or so additional images of the Hawaiian Garden Parade. Still not done, now I have to run them through PS for polishing, (cropping, straightening, selective dodging & burning, B&W conversion). I promised The City the final images today so I best get to work.

@ Paul, it's nice to have a place away from home for a retreat. I have a condo in Palm Springs that I haven't used in decades, so I'm dumping it. Yesterday Mary Lou was making a smoothie for work. The recipe called for mango (which we had in the frig) and celery, cucumber, basil, mint, kale and lettuce ... and we had all that in the yard. It was nice not having to run to the store. My physician takes Tylenol and Advil prior to any heavy activity.
one of the things i could do without is the amount of editing. I like to shoot. I hate to edit, but everytime i go shoot i end up having things to be edited. Since i shoot a lot, i end up editing a lot. Even trying to stick with jpegs. I probably spend ten hours a week just on freakn editing. It like sucks the life out of me. LOL That is usually what i am doing while i post on here, is editing at the same time. Never ends. Wish i could get all that time back others things i would much prefer to be doing. But instead of doing whatever, i end up with the "crap i really should started going through photos". I was keeping about pretty good. Right now i have stuff from a couple weeks ago i haven't gotten to yet. Some photos of the kids, about fifty landscape pics. And i skipped out on that track thing i didnt even go through all them. It is like a list, with the ughh, i have to edit. I should be editing right now my wife is asking me for pics of the kids from the last week from family outings. Time adds up though, and then its just like "what a waste of life" sitting in front of a computer. I shoot a lot too though, more than the average person i would guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back