The Coffee House

I'm more like that at bedtime. When bedtime is put off for some reason. Family cannot understand why I don't want to play table games with them until 02:00.

The next thing we knew, we had not only our margaritas in front of us, but also shot glass after shot glass of samples the owner poured for us. We had probably 6-7 shots each. Free.
I would not be able to do that.

Not at all.

I'm more like that at bedtime. When bedtime is put off for some reason. Family cannot understand why I don't want to play table games with them until 02:00.

Come to think of it, I'm like that at bedtime too. Well, not QUITE as bad as when I don't eat in time, but I get really, really cranky. And if they keep me up too far past my bedtime AND I'm hungry?? Hide the knives and axes!! :lol:

When I'm hungry or tired, I'll mostly just shut down. It's when I'm all those things AND hot that I turn into some sort of raging harpy. Except I don't need to be hungry or tired to get that way. Just hot.

:biggrinangelA:

To be clear, though, I don't actually start yelling at Buzz or being mean to him, or family or whoever. I start bitching about other people, though ;) I try my best to keep a sense of humor and not be too intolerable, but at some point, I have to put my foot down and stop being "a trooper" so I can get what I need to feel better.

Let's see if I can do this. I was playing with the pano mode on the Galaxy S4 during my lunch walk.

...Nope, can't upload it directly. Guess it's too big. Here's a "vintage" one instead!

20150505_135337.jpg

Random:

Have you ever reported a post, secretly HOPING it would be the proverbial "last straw" that would get someone banned?

Because I have. But it wasn't. :D
I can be bought.... :biggrinangelA:

So…John…just wondering…do you have a particular FAVORED brand of bacon? :D
:lol:
All kinds!
I have a list. Do you want that bacon in pounds or kilos?
Yes.

Went past the site of that shooting today. Park's closed off still. Wonder how long it will be before it reopens. Seeing it was a pretty solemn event. Here's a shot I took a while ago of that very bridge.

Recycling by longm1985, on Flickr

Random:

Have you ever reported a post, secretly HOPING it would be the proverbial "last straw" that would get someone banned?

Because I have. But it wasn't. :D
I can be bought.... :biggrinangelA:

So…John…just wondering…do you have a particular FAVORED brand of bacon? :D
:lol:
All kinds!
I have a list. Do you want that bacon in pounds or kilos?
Yes.
Done. Lulu Bell is on her way northwest.

file4231261141524.jpg

It might take her a while -- she doesn't walk that fast and has trouble crossing the Interstates on occasion.

It may be hard to describe, but it's not hard to understand, because it is precisely the way MY body responds to cold. It just wants to literally shut down and hibernate. In the winter, I feel like it takes every last ounce of energy I can drain from my body just to somehow muddle through from one day to the next.

Did I ever tell you the story of my Maine meltdown?

If you did, I've forgotten it. I've forgotten more things than some people will ever KNOW. :D

Okay, long story short...or so I say before I start telling it ;) ...

Buzz and I were in Maine and it was unseasonably hot. Like August weather in April. We were walking along the ocean so there at least was a breeze for a while, but then the trail ended and it started winding through the woods to get back to the town. You'd think it would be cool under the trees, but the breeze was gone and it felt stifling. When we got to town, there was no shade and it just hurt to be in the sun.

We started looking for a place with air conditioning to have a drink, maybe a bite to eat, and cool down. We just couldn't find anything that was open, or open and had air conditioning working. A few places satisfied both requirements but were really fancy and there was no way I would past muster in a fancy place at that point! I was red and sweaty and miserable and foul-mouthed.

We finally found a Mexican place that said they had air conditioning in the inside portion of the roof bar. We went up there and it wasn't very powerful a/c but it was still better. And it was Happy Hour. Half-price margaritas. The bartender asked what kind of tequila we wanted, and we saw they had an interesting array so we just asked him to make a recommendation. He described a few and we narrowed it down to two choices and he asked us if we wanted a sample. Well, uh, yeah!

He poured out shots of each kind and we chose one. He made our margaritas and we started chatting. The owner passed by and the bartender told us that he was the real tequila connoisseur. The owner heard and decided to join the conversation. The next thing we knew, we had not only our margaritas in front of us, but also shot glass after shot glass of samples the owner poured for us. We had probably 6-7 shots each. Free.

THEN he tells us to wait a second...he comes back with a bottle of $100+ tequila from his private stash that a friend had given him from Mexico. Poured us each a shot.

In no time at all, the meltdown was over, the bar was littered with empty shot glasses, we ordered food, and we were flying hiiiiiiigh :D

Best.Mexican.Restaurant.Ever.

943722_10151444557034007_574714216_n.jpg

Nice story, pretty picture, BUT WHAT'S THE RESTAURANT'S NAME & ADDRESS ????
:rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back