The Coffee House

I thought Edmonton was already out of the playoffs. You said orange...

(Wait, is there something really going on??)

Charlie just paint over the lines and let everyone have at it! lol (I'm kidding of course. Maybe.)

The reference is to the fact that for the first time in 45 years, Alberta has a party in power other than the Progressive Conservatives (an oxymoron if I've ever heard one). The New Democratice Party (somewhat left of center) won the provincial election yesterday.

Progressive Conservative colours are blue, NDP (New Democratic Party) are orange. In the political spectrum, the Progressive Conservatives are considered right of center, the Wild Rose Party of Alberta is even more to the right, the Liberals are (usually) considered center or slightly left of center, the Greens are to the left of the Liberals and the NDP are considered "left". Alberta is also considered to be a conservative (small "c" conservative) in general inclination, it was thought that if the current party gets turfed out by the voters, that the "natural" move would be a bit further to the right, to the Wild Rose party. However, the voters gave a majority to the left-leaning party. Hence, the earthquake. It will be interesting how Rachel Notley (the NDP leader) reconciles her party's general political inclinations with the need to represent ALL Albertans.

... It will be interesting how Rachel Notley (the NDP leader) reconciles her party's general political inclinations with the need to represent ALL Albertans.
I'm guessing 'quickly', because I've got a box of day-old Timbits that says she's only got one term in which to do it! :lol:

My favorite funny error from the batch of papers from the evening class:

"They hope to elect someone that coukd lead the society out of puberty."

(He meant poverty, of course :) )

Gah! Sitting here at the kitchen table, reading papers, minding my own business, and a wasp drops down on the table right next to me. Starts crawling up the can of Coleman Insect Repellent I just bought. Now if it's one thing I will not abide, it's irony from an insect. Killed that sucker dead.

One of my jobs is to remove insects and spiders from inside the apartment. Most get the opportunity to complete their natural lives outside, but there are a few exceptions: Stingey-bitey types (hornets, wasps, 'skeeters), spiders with red markings, silverfish, the roach that stowed away in Jeremy's stuff from Wilmington -- those b'st'rds get squished on sight.

Well, it could have been "erect someone . . . " :winksexy:

I've gotten that one before. I've also gotten an essay about the joys of cooking, except "cooking" was misspelled every time, creating a word that would never make it past TPF's censors.

I've gotten that one before. I've also gotten an essay about the joys of cooking, except "cooking" was misspelled every time, creating a word that would never make it past TPF's censors.

(use a zero instead of the letter "o", if you must.) I can see it happening; I frequently hit the "o" instead of the "i" when I try to type "anything"

(use a zero instead of the letter "o", if you must.) I can see it happening; I frequently hit the "o" instead of the "i" when I try to type "anything"[/QUOTE]

It's not an "o" that I would be typing in that space. Co_k. Think about it..

Edit: Wait, let me think about it. Replace the other 'o' with a 0. Ahhhh...

Nah, I still feel weird typing it all out :blush:

I knew what you were referring to. I tend to use punctuation to represent letters (@=a, #=H, etc).
Along that note, I actually used "jammin'" in an email, today.

"Roostering"?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back