The Coffee House

So…

The photo I have displayed at the Mayor's office (mine is at the City Mayor's office)…

SOLD.
AT the opening reception.

That pretty much rocks. :D

It was this one (the same one I sent to @mmaria for a secret santa photo!):
Feb26_0633_lowres.jpg

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. We're in Benicia this morning. Benicia is east of San Francisco but is still on the bay. No coffee yet ... but soon. The Cook and I have just finished our morning constitutional. We are downtown, in the historic Union Hotel built in the 1850's. We walked along the marina and a bit of the waterfront. This place, reportedly, has ghosts. Yesterday was an exceptionally pleasant day. Cookie was tossed from the first winery ... so Mary Lou, the Cook and I all peed in their parking lot before heading out to a different vintner. The second place was great, everything about it was great, the grounds were great, the people there were great, the wines were great and the food was great. We spent the entire afternoon at The Russian River Vineyard, signed up for club membership and wrapped the day up with a fabulous dinner of salad, soup and scallops.

Sharon, I guess you're getting the bad with the good as you go uptown, downtown, all around the town... Bummer about vacation but great that your photo got displayed and sold!! it's a beauty.

Another day of hurry up and wait, sometime between 9-1, if I start doing something they'll show up, if I sit here that proverbial 'kettle' will never boil! lol

Was watching a fairly early 'talkie' where you could tell they came out of the silent era, long pauses, lights go out and then the guy flicks the switch! lol But TCM doing Friday night noir this summer, something good to fill in for the upcoming lack of hockey.

I got my first quotable of this summer's placement readings:

"Everyone pleasures themselfs differently."

Well that sounds like some interesting reading...

I just saw a chicken on top of the world... an old RKO Pathe' (which used a rooster as its symbol and this one barely out of the 1920s had a film clip of an actual rooster before the credits - wonder was this before the MGM lion or imitating it?? lol).

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. We're in Benicia this morning. Benicia is east of San Francisco but is still on the bay. No coffee yet ... but soon. The Cook and I have just finished our morning constitutional. We are downtown, in the historic Union Hotel built in the 1850's. We walked along the marina and a bit of the waterfront. This place, reportedly, has ghosts. Yesterday was an exceptionally pleasant day. Cookie was tossed from the first winery ... so Mary Lou, the Cook and I all peed in their parking lot before heading out to a different vintner. The second place was great, everything about it was great, the grounds were great, the people there were great, the wines were great and the food was great. We spent the entire afternoon at The Russian River Vineyard, signed up for club membership and wrapped the day up with a fabulous dinner of salad, soup and scallops.

Mmmm, scallops!! One of my absolute favorite seafood items, and you just cannot get them around here. Very few places even bother to serve them at all anymore, and the few places that do, charge a King's ransom for an extremely stingy portion of them.

Beautiful shot, Sharon; congratulations.

Most reactions

Back