The Coffee House

I started to write this thread here in the Coffee house because I wanted to tell you guys about my experience, but I ended up posting a thread hm... social networks Photography Forum
so,.. it was originally meant for you guys to read it :) but If you have something to tell

Good morning, Hosers! and Good whatever-it-is-where-you-are, Marija!

@limr Your coffee horror story was...horrific! And kinda funny.
I had my own coffee horror story Saturday morning. I spent the night with my best friend on Friday. Saturday was her birthday, but we were planning a busy day of cooking and prepping for the benefit lunch we were hosting on Sunday (for some friends who just lost their 38-year-old daughter to cancer), so we planned a little time together Friday night, and then I just stayed there because her husband had to work and she hates being alone at night.

Anyway, I woke up at about 6 a.m., as usual. And that's when I realized the horrible miscalculation I'd made. I'd failed to take the coffee matter into consideration the night before and plan ahead.
She doesn't drink coffee! Her daughter does, but only has a Keurig and some K-cups, usually. Plus, her daughter is in college now, so I had NO idea whether the Keurig was even still there.

Not that it mattered, because the REAL problem was that I knew her house alarm was set, so I was afraid I'd set it off if I went out to the kitchen.
She'd been going to leave the interior alarm off, but then said that her son would just turn it on anyway when he came home (he works a night shift on the weekends, gets home about 4 a.m.).
But Ryan wasn't there--he'd BEEN there, because his bedroom door had been closed and now it was open and some stuff had been tossed on his bed, but he'd evidently gone somewhere else--so now I didn't know whether he'd set the alarm for the interior or not.
Still, it seemed like a bad plan to test it and find out.

My friend is also a VERY late riser. She'd told me to wake her up at 9:30 if she wasn't up yet...so now, I have THREE and a HALF HOURS before I can even rummage around the kitchen for something that can at least pretend to be coffee!!
I thought about rousing her just enough to get her to turn the alarm off...but that just seemed TOO rude to do on someone's birthday! So I had to just wait it out.

I finally woke her up at 9:30...only to discover that the Keurig machine was there, but NO K-cups. So, STILL no coffee.

I didn't get any coffee until about 10:30, when I left to head up to the church and start prepping the food.

I get to church, with my FIRST cup of coffee in the morning, and the only two there so far are my two fellow early-rising, coffee-drinking friends. One of them greeted me WAY too cheerily, and I responded, "This is my first cup of coffee." She said, "OH NO. Sorry!" and backed away.

The other friend actually gasped and said, "why didn't you call me? I would have brought you some; that qualifies as an emergency!" But of course, if she'd brought me some, I'd have had to set off the alarm to get to the door and get it.

Note to self: Never, ever again go to best friend's house without a morning Coffee Plan.

Last edited:
This was a whirlwind of a weekend!! My eldest son came in from west TN, we had a huge family gathering on Saturday night, and then the women's ministry that I lead hosted a benefit lunch for a family on Sunday.

My son's car is acting up, so I didn't want him to try to drive it here and back. So someone went and picked him up on Friday, and my sister and I took him back yesterday.

Up way past bedtime on Friday, no coffee Saturday morning until way too late. Then spent most of the day Saturday at church, prepping food, decorating and otherwise getting ready for the benefit lunch.
Left about 3 p.m, ran some errands, then met BACK at the church to go to the visitation and funeral (for same friend's daughter). Left the funeral, went to see Mom, then over to my brother's for the family gathering.

Up at early thirty on Sunday to head back to church and make the last mad dash to getting everything cooked and ready for the lunch. Took a short break to go teach Sunday School, then up to sing our choir piece, then back to the kitchen. Two hours of serving food to about 130 people, and then helping clean it all up...
...and THEN it was off to meet up with my sister and son for the 3.5 hour trip back to his neck oof the woods. Ate some dinner once we got to over to M'boro where he lives, then dropped him off at his workplace (where his car was) and started the 3.5 hour drive home (with a time change, so it "seems" like longer somehow).
Got home about 1 a.m., collapsed into bed, too tired to sleep.

And now, here it is Monday, and I'm supposed to head in to work and somehow act as though I have the energy to do ANYthing but lift a cup of coffee?!?!?

oh God... I keep pressing agree button instead of like :)

Wifey's K-cup supply ran out and I failed to notice before I went to the store. The only kind she had left was (gulp) (grimace) decaff.

The horrors!

OF COURSE I returned to the store and picked up regular Green Mountain Dark LORD, or whatever.

Morning, hosers!

If they ran out of the packets for the coffee machine here at work I would just quit.

At home I always use funnel filters, either a 1-cup or one of the big ones. Some stores don't stock as many as they used to because they have to make room for all those little cups.

DSC_6659_02.JPG

good morning coffee housers!! just one from the beach the other day. First cup of coffee, half awake. Don't take a cup out when you are half awake. somehow i managed to have a glass fall out of the cup board and shatter all over the floor. Must be morning..

Morning Hosers. This cold just will not go away... Usually they're gone in 24 hours or so. Hard to tell if things are stabilizing or not when this is going on. Grrr.

Afternoon, hosers.

Did my readings this morning. My favorite error was from a girl who valiantly tried to spell "ostracize." Anyone want to take any guesses how she spelled it?

Afternoon, hosers.

Did my readings this morning. My favorite error was from a girl who valiantly tried to spell "ostracize." Anyone want to take any guesses how she spelled it?

Gosh, the possibilities are endless! Ostrichize, Austerize, ahstirsize...

Afternoon, hosers.

Gosh, the possibilities are endless! Ostrichize, Austerize, ahstirsize...

Oooh, you came really close with your first guess!

Ostrichsise. In the sentence: "People should be admired for their differences not judged, ridiculed and ostrichsised.

Most reactions

Back