The Coffee House

1.32 cups of coffee for me this morning--had to leave the second cup unfinished because I really needed to get to work something like on time this morning. Mostly because it's my sister's birthday and I plan to take a REALLY long lunch "hour"!! :D

Morning, hosers!

Went to an amusement park and nature center yesterday. Had a pretty good time for once in my life.

This cold has gone from cold to allergies. I haven't had allergies in years. WTF, body, why do you hate me so... In other news, was in some normally anxiety inducing situations, and had very little to no issues.

The past two days, Mom has been more mentally aware than anytime in the last month. Still having the pain, and of course, still has the intramural hematoma, still weak and doesn't DO much, but at least has been coming out of the "fog" a bit.
Funny thing is, on Sunday some of the grandkids visited her and the entire visit, all she could talk about was the fact that this was the most boring cruise she'd ever been on in her life!! :biglaugh:
The next day--well, the next evening at least--she was as mentally sharp as I've seen her in a while.

So, Monday evening she said something that I found pretty interesting. My dad, in the early stages of Alzheimer's, would describe his "good" days as coming out of the fog.
Mom said it's like she's partly in two different worlds, and she's never really sure which one she's in, and she isn't ever REALLY completely in either one.

Then she said, "Sometimes when I wake up, it's like the wind blows, and I can see through the wind to HERE, but I can't get from wherever I am to here."

I suspect it's a pretty good way to describe someone who has dementia, yet is not fully disconnected to reality.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. The world is cooling off a bit. It is overcast right now, so hopefully it will go from the upper 80's to the lower 80's. At the beach, it is always ten degrees cooler in summer. I am still full from the pizza. Mary Lou and I ate the entire pizza yesterday, sans one piece which Mary Lou took for lunch. I let the dough rise and the crust ended up being this wonderfully fluffy bread stuff with herbs. We have tickets for Smokey Robinson at the Hollywood Bowl tomorrow ... maybe I'll take pizza. :)

@Sharon- I received the pizza cutter from Mary Lou as a Christmas gift. It is, beyond a doubt, the best pizza cutter in the universe. All metal and works like a champ.

Morning, hosers, if anyone is around this close to the holiday. I'm at work and we're getting out early as we often do before holidays. :1219:

I plan to have a fairly quiet weekend trying to avoid the madness that is Philly on July 4th weekend. Hope you all enjoy and take some pictures.

I'm here. Trying to figure out when exactly I got transported from the hills of East TN to the Amazon rainforest.
Man, it has rained and rained and rained here lately. TORRENTIAL rains on occasion. Just rained so hard for about 20 minutes that I couldn't see the building across the street; when it finally started to ease off a bit, I could see that the parking lot of said building was completely flooded. Starting to think I need to develop some gills. And buy a rowboat.

No getting off early for this chick. I have a meeting at the rehab facility early this afternoon, first big meeting with all the care staff and in-town family, to discuss Mom's status and any issues, etc.
Then back to work for a while and then back to the rehab for a visit with Mom.

I might just sleep in a bit tomorrow though. More likely I'll wake up like I always do, well before the sun comes up. No plans this weekend except spending time at the rehab facility. Sounds like the weekend is going to be more of what we've already got anyway. Rain. Temps way too cool to suit me for the summertime. And more rain.

Rainy and in between cool and warm here, we seem to be really stuck in a weird weather pattern. Depends on the weather what I'll do this weekend, something indoors or out.

Glad Sharon your mom is making some progress and having some good moments.

Gary who knew cooking utensils could be that interesting! If they all looked like cool toys I might be inclined to cook more. Or not! lol

Nose is doing a bit better today. Have a birthday party to go to later on, hence why the car got detailed.

The car gets to go to a birthday party? lol are you going to tie ribbons on it too? Have fun.

Hey, hosers.

I'm around today. And tomorrow. And probably the weekend, too. We don't really do a whole lot for the 4th. Because people. I'm going to take it as a chance for a relaxing 3-day weekend to get some chores and reading and film developing done.

Hey, hosers.

I'm around today. And tomorrow. And probably the weekend, too. We don't really do a whole lot for the 4th. Because people. I'm going to take it as a chance for a relaxing 3-day weekend to get some chores and reading and film developing done.
Same here, Lenny. Relaxing with a cup of coffee. May go fly my drone later, may not. I have a lot of Family Guy and King of the Hill episodes recorded to catch up on, too. :clap:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back