The Coffee House

The driver fixed the bus and we make it for Smokey Robinson.
image.jpg
iPhone

Good Morning/Good Afternoon Everyone

I guess it was technically morning in my time zone when you posted this, but just barely. It was just past midnight for me!

So now I would say Good morning but it's probably better to say Good evening or Good night? :)

Good "Whatever it is in your time zone", or "Choose your favored local expression".

Morning, hosers.

My kettle crapped out a few days ago and I ordered a new one from Amazon. It's all fancy and has different temperature settings for different drinks, including one for exactly 200 degrees for a French press. This is Good.

On deck for today: not going to work! :boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie: Also doing my hair color, developing some film, doing a few errands, then dinner with Buzz, and a nice quiet evening of reading and listening to records :)

'Smooooth Smokey'....must have been great.
Today is our sons 37th birthday but we're not with him :(
Born in Boston on July 4 th weekend. Always wondered if that made him so interested in history and being patriotic?!

Enjoy a safe weekend everyone!

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Smokey was great and very entertaining for an old guy. He really did put on a very very good show. He was warm, friendly, engaging, sounded good and he even moved around (not bad for a guy that must be around 100 y/o.) He didn't come back for an encore ... I figured he was backstage heaving in some oxygen. But that was fine because after his show the LA Phil fired up again with more patriotic songs and fireworks. The LA Phil started and ended the show.

When they played the Military Anthems Medley, the guy next to me, who had to be older than Smokey, stood up ... squared away ... elbows back and chest out, when he heard the Marine Corps Anthem. I chatted with him and shared my wine. I told him my father was in the first wave at Guadalcanal and my uncle was severely wounded at Bougainville. He told me he was on-board ship and when they passed Guadalcanal the Captain lowered the flag to half mast and saluted as they sailed up the slot. We spoke of Vietnam and places where he was stationed. I made him proud when I told him of an experienced I had in Africa. I was shooting a story on the French Foreign Legion and in the foot lockers of the soldiers were books and stories of the United States Marine Corps. His eyes looked far away, grinned and his shoulders snapped back a bit. Semper Fidelis.

What was very touching was when the LA Phil played God Bless America ... I swear, all 17,000 people at the Bowl sang the song. It brought a tear to many.

image.jpg

iPhone
The LA Phil played the Stars and Stripes Forever during the fireworks which were long and spectacular.

G

Last edited:
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!! Or, in this case, Hosers.

Went to the ex GF's birthday party. Was a fantastic time, despite driving 4 hours round trip.

Been doing a lo better. The allergy fog has lifted, and all is well. Some minor anxiety as my meds wear off/time for the next dose, but other than that, pretty much under control for the time being.

Peas in Guac?
I need to turn off the news on slow days. :rolleyes:

In between movies of another Friday of film noir. 'It was a dark and stormy night...' not quite but it's a gloomy rainy day, good day for watching old B&W movies with weirdo camera angles and long shadows. Although I forget I'm supposed to be keeping the course I'm taking in mind if the movie's really good! lol

OK I have 3 minutes left...

Most reactions

Back