The Coffee House

anyone else hoping greece photos hit the internet even more, and they vote no on the referendum? I have been hoping to see the euro collapse and the banks have to eat it up the wazoo for a few years now. Paying down this much debt just turns them into debt slaves anyway. U.S. should be going a similar direction in the next decade or so. we should have plenty of our own photos to take too.

In between movies of another Friday of film noir. 'It was a dark and stormy night...' not quite but it's a gloomy rainy day, good day for watching old B&W movies with weirdo camera angles and long shadows. Although I forget I'm supposed to be keeping the course I'm taking in mind if the movie's really good! lol

OK I have 3 minutes left...
i have a habit of doing that too. Occasional rewind and pause of the movie to see still frame as i seem to be watching the camera and lighting as much as the story line.

The last one was good but oddly enough about a jail break, and they ended up in a cabin - crossed my mind hat prison breaks don't seem to have changed much since the '40s, a little too much like recent news. Except they showed them in a jalopy going along at like maybe all of 40 mph, all I could think was I don't think they're going to get too far in that thing!

Now another prison break movie but a low budget one. Oh no they just got to a cabin, enough of this I think.

My Margarita for a warm day.
image.jpg

iPhone

Well, I never did post my margarita photo. I'd barely gotten on the interstate headed home when I got a pain between my shoulder blades and this weird kind of nausea/compression in my chest--it kept getting worse to the point that I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep driving. It crossed my mind that it could possibly be a heart attack though that didn't seem likely. By the time I pulled in the driveway, less than 10 minutes later, it hurt so bad I was moaning, and I decided I'd lie down for just a few minutes and if the pain didn't subside, I'd call an ambulance. (I do NOT go to doctors, and I certainly do NOT do ambulances. I was in PAIN).

Within two minutes of lying down, the pain was gone. But by then, I was in bed. And tired. So that was it for my night.

No pain this morning--well, there's a little soreness between my shoulder blades, but I think that's from how tensed up I was on the drive home.

Now for why yesterday was such a good day:

Mom wouldn't eat breakfast, and it looked like another typical day. But then, they had this 4th of July lunch in the dining room (well, 3rd of July lunch), and she actually got up into the wheelchair and joined them in the dining room for it! That's the FIRST time she's gone to eat in the dining room.
THEN, she had P.T.--about 90 minutes of it.
By the time I got there, around 3, I expected she'd be done for the day--and she did doze off and on, from 3-5. But when she was awake, she was alert and making sense, mostly. Then dinner came and she chose to sit up in the wheelchair to eat (she usually stays in bed and props the bed up). She ate her entire dinner, and then we went outside on the porch. When I left at nearly 8 p.m. she was still out on the porch, with my sister.

That's over 3 hours of sitting up...and NO PAIN!! That is a glorious, wonderful first!! That's the thing I've been the most concerned about, was the fact that she couldn't sit up more than 30 min-1 hour without the pain getting bad.

Here's hoping today is a repeat of that!!

decisions. decisions. should i go to the parade??, or just stay here .....

Sharon, do you still have your gall bladder? Those are pretty much the same symptoms I was having for weeks before having to have an emergency gall bladder surgery! It was just in time, they said.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back