The Coffee House

Morning, hosers. Happy Independence Day to the Americans! Happy regular old Saturday for the rest of ya! :)

It's rainy here today. There were some vague thoughts of going to see fireworks somewhere, but now we have a better excuse than "can't be bothered." ;)

Sharon, I don't do doctors either other than a yearly physical, but given Snerd's comment, perhaps a quick check-up? Hmmmm?

Happy ID, everybody in the US.

Happy 4th of July for our friends in other parts of the world.

We've made plans to take the children to the train in Boone. Yes, I'll be taking my camera.

Of course, they're not up yet, but the Mrs. and I have had breakfast, and are just wondering when to wake the others.

Our town is preparing for the annual ID parade, as are many other towns, I'm sure.

It's rainy here today. There were some vague thoughts of going to see fireworks somewhere, but now we have a better excuse than "can't be bothered."
One of my pet gripes is having to put on mosquito repellant to watch the fireworks.

It's rainy here today. There were some vague thoughts of going to see fireworks somewhere, but now we have a better excuse than "can't be bothered."
One of my pet gripes is having to put on mosquito repellant to watch the fireworks.

I have to wear mosquito repellent practically every time I'm outside for more than a few minutes in the summer. I get eaten alive otherwise. My record is 52 bites in an hour, all of them from the knees down.

And they haven't made a people repellent yet ;) Well, I guess there's muttering to myself or not showering for days, or both really, but that can be fairly exhausting - and stinky - to keep up.

Bob celebrated yesterday with his first outdoors romp through the "jungle" :D

20150703_190023.jpg

Happy Independence Day Y'all. Even if you're not a U.S. citizen ... Happy Independance Day anyway.

This will be our third day of fireworks. We celebrated The 4th on the 2nd with Smokey, the LA Phil and fireworks at the Bowl. Cook gets real real spooked by loud noises and fireworks. Spooked so badly that we have to sedate her. The park two blocks away is a large regional park which has a big Independence Day celebratory affair on the 3rd. (Booths of all kinds, bands, games, picnics, et cetera.) Dunno why on the 3rd, but that's what the city does. Over the years the crowds have getting larger and larger and the cars are now parking throughout our neighborhood to get to the park. On the news it was reported he 25,000 people attended the La Mirada celebration (the city only has 50,000). Usually, we wait until evening, sedate The Cook, take our chairs and watch the bands and fireworks at the park. But last year, a bunch of RV's parked in the school across the street from our house and fired off a bunch of illegal fireworks. Cook was completely freaked out when we got home ... so this year we're staying with Cookie, watching movies, drinking Margaritas and eating smoked pork (off the Kamado) with Klondike Bars.

Hey Sharon, still waiting for your Margarita. (Mine are made with Tequila, Lime juice, my bathtub Orange Liqueur over a snowball of shaved ice.
Hey Sharon, what movies were you watching? If you have NetFlixs watch "Word & Pictures".
Hey Designer and Leo ... what is mosquito repellant?
Hey Bob, looking good man ... (turtles always look like they have four wheel drive when they move).

RVs started lining up along the park on the morning of the 2nd. The parking is so bad that the City feels compelled to remind stupid people what a red painted curb means.
image.jpg

iPhone

Happy ID, everybody in the US.

Happy 4th of July for our friends in other parts of the world.

We've made plans to take the children to the train in Boone. Yes, I'll be taking my camera.

Of course, they're not up yet, but the Mrs. and I have had breakfast, and are just wondering when to wake the others.

Our town is preparing for the annual ID parade, as are many other towns, I'm sure.
yeah, just finished the parade here. Next decision, barbecue/gathering i was invited too. should i go or should i stay here... hmmm.. I usually avoid such things.

Hey you bunch of hosers. Everybody have a good 4th and a good weekend.

Designer, I had to think about what ID day meant! talk about a hoser. :biggrin-93: It did finally dawn on me...
Gary what's Netflix? :biglaugh:Jk I do actually know what it is (well more or less! lol) but don't have it. I was watching TCM's Friday night 'Summer of Darkness', will have to see if the film you mentioned is coming up. How is it that taking a course just for fun I still manage to get behind - no video lecture this past week so I blew off the assignment and now gotta catch up!

Sharon glad your mom is able to sit up more with less pain, hope she continues to improve. Seems like recovery for many things can often be one step forward and 10 steps back or maybe 100 steps, my stroke recovery has been like that. Minicoop glad your cold & allergies & meds adjustment seem to all be getting better for you.

Everybody enjoy your day.

does that have bluish tint or is it my imagination....

Hey you bunch of hosers. Everybody have a good 4th and a good weekend.

Designer, I had to think about what ID day meant! talk about a hoser. :biggrin-93: It did finally dawn on me...
Gary what's Netflix? :biglaugh:Jk I do actually know what it is (well more or less! lol) but don't have it. I was watching TCM's Friday night 'Summer of Darkness', will have to see if the film you mentioned is coming up. How is it that taking a course just for fun I still manage to get behind - no video lecture this past week so I blew off the assignment and now gotta catch up!

Sharon glad your mom is able to sit up more with less pain, hope she continues to improve. Seems like recovery for many things can often be one step forward and 10 steps back or maybe 100 steps, my stroke recovery has been like that. Minicoop glad your cold & allergies & meds adjustment seem to all be getting better for you.

Everybody enjoy your day.
stroke recovery? you too? Sucks.

does that have bluish tint or is it my imagination....
How would we know if your imagination has a bluish tint? [emoji6]

Sent from mandy SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
good point. I could probably go do a color adustment but dont have the ambition for it.

Most reactions

Back