The Coffee House

Okay, now I want a cocktail!
LOL ... come on over. You can have a steak too ... okay, you don't eat meat ... we're gonna grill fresh zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce and whatever else you can pick. Oh yeah, and some apples, grilled apples are great.

Mmm, I loved grilled fruit. I'm sure you've tried grilled pineapple. Divine! I also like peaches on the grill. All that other stuff sounds good, too :)

And when the fireworks go off, you can pet Cookie.

I will totally take care of the poor thing! :586:

(we're out of Klondikes ... )

'Sokay. They're a bit much for me. It's not very bad, but I'm a bit lactose intolerant and ice cream is one of those things that I can tolerate only in very small doses. I can handle one or two bites of the Klondike but the whole thing...well, that would be bad :( Y'know how most ice cream containers tell you that a serving is half a cup? I actually follow that. Even if my mouth wants more, the rest of me knows it's really not a good idea.

Now, salty snacks? That's a different story...

Dinner is served.
image.jpg

Looks good!

Enjoy your meal and your quiet night in. I hope the Cook doesn't get too freaked out tonight. We're still hearing a few stray fireworks here and there. The girls seem to be fine. They run to look out the window if there's a particularly loud one, but otherwise, they pretty much ignore the noise. Now if it was a vacuum cleaner out there, all bets are off ;)

As for me, I'm heading for bed. I'm trying to get to sleep earlier so mornings are easier for me. Some nights are very hard, but tonight I've gotten quite sleepy in the past 15 minutes or so, and I'm calling this one done!

Happy 4th, everyone!

I like grilled asparagus, but I'm not adventurous enough to try fruit.

We lost our Airedale years ago due in part to firecrackers. The neighbor boys would toss firecrackers into our back yard which completely fried the dog. Then whenever there was a thunderstorm, she would freak out. The last time we ever saw her was during a storm.

We lost our Airedale years ago due in part to firecrackers. The neighbor boys would toss firecrackers into our back yard which completely fried the dog. Then whenever there was a thunderstorm, she would freak out. The last time we ever saw her was during a storm.

Oh! Poor thing :(

Grilled apples tastes like apple pie. We grill or steam our veggies. Big stuff, like squash, goes directly on the grill, smaller stuff we toss on a grilling tray or grilling pan (the tray and pan have holes in them for some direct heat). We hop up lots of medleys with all kinds of seasonings. Off the top of my head, we don't grill citrus, grapes, melons or persimmons, but most everything else is fair game.

That is so sad. It is dusk now and the darker it gets the greater the noise level. If Cook wasn't sedated she would be running for a place to get away from the noise. Cook doesn't like thunder either. All dogs are special ... but Airedales just seem to have a touch more in the special department.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back