The Coffee House

Bueno Dias Coffee Hosers. Drinking milk/cream/sugar with coffee is like putting ice in wine.

Yesterday was a female dog (apparently the 'B' word is persona non grata here) . I was up at 2:00 a.m. in order to leave by 3:00 a.m. in order to attend a meeting in Tulare (3.5 to 4 hours away) by 7:30 a.m. Fortunately, against all my reasoning and prior experience with SoCal Edison ... it was a very good meeting. Now I gotta get ready to attend a meeting in San Diego, about two hours away.

Two questions:
1) Does anyone have this machine at work or anywhere else? IMPRESSA XS90 - USA
My company moved locations back in April. The new location has this Jura machine and OMG, it's amazing. The coffee it's significantly better than what we got from the Kuerig machine we had.

2) Do you use any special toothpaste to combat coffee stains? I've noticed more staining since switching to the Jura machine. The amount of coffee I drink daily has not changed.
I've always been skeptical of the whitener claims, probably because I wanted to see results after 2 or 3 brushes. :) I currently use crest pro health gel and mouthwash.

Morning hosers! Just back from getting PICC iv line dressing changed. Dumping a bag of antibiotics through it now, then I have to drive up to OKC to get stitches out of surgery wounds, 8 in front, long wound and I think 3 or 4 over 2 small holes in back of shoulder. Not sure because I can't reach or see that area.

Oh! I don't understand coffee "recipes". You brew it, pour it in a cup, and drink it. What possible "recipes" could there be for coffee?!
I'd make some iced coffee, but I've misplaced my ice recipe . . .

:lol:
I used to work at a children's hands-on science center. We allowed members to use our classroom facility for birthday parties. They were supposed to supply all their own party. One lady had apparently forgotten the ice for the drinks. So first, she went back to our kitchen area and (without even asking), used all the ice in the freezer. That wasn't enough, so then she had the nerve to come and ask me for more ice. She said, "Where do you keep spare ice? There wasn't enough in the freezer."

My response: "Spare ice? We keep that in the faucet." :biglaugh:

I can't believe we're actually arguing the "real" way to drink coffee on here. Coffee is one of those things that everyone has to figure out for themselves.

Exactly!
HOW you drink your coffee isn't really the critical issue: THAT you drink coffee, that's the important thing!

Yes!! :D

And for the record, it was not so much an argument as it was a couple of grumps yammering on about blah blah blah ;)
Blah blah blah, blah blah, milk, blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah........touchy, blah blah blah blah's. Blah blah, yada yada, blah blah blah blah blah milk. :biggrin-93:

:biggrinangelA::biggrinangelA::biggrinangelA::biggrinangelA::biggrinangelA::biggrinangelA::biggrinangelA:

Two questions:
My company moved locations back in April. The new location has this Jura machine and OMG, it's amazing. The coffee it's significantly better than what we got from the Kuerig machine we had.

2) Do you use any special toothpaste to combat coffee stains? I've noticed more staining since switching to the Jura machine. The amount of coffee I drink daily has not changed.
I've always been skeptical of the whitener claims, probably because I wanted to see results after 2 or 3 brushes. :) I currently use crest pro health gel and mouthwash.
That is one awsome looking machine. Just curious though, did it come with one of (NSFW) THESE?

Two questions:

That is one awsome looking machine. Just curious though, did it come with one of (NSFW) THESE?

No - and now I feel cheated and the coffee does not taste as wonderful as it did prior to your post. Gosh Darn!

Cream/sugar/black coffee - it's a lot like manual/aperture priority/shutter priority, isn't it? What does it matter,m so long as you point the camera in the right directions and hit the shutter.

BTW, I've been doing some investigating and found an image of gryph getting his usual cup:
http://threadvt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/latte-3.jpg
:bouncingsmileys:

Last edited:
Buenos dias a todos.

Ready today for my redo double root canal because I think my dentist screwed up the job the endodontist did the first time. :madass:

Oh well, at least Leonore will be posting a :guitar: video for us today :) Right?

Ugh! Sorry about the impending dental work :( It's always in the back of my mind that something is going to happen to one of my root canals.

Oh and sorry about the NO PLANS to post a video of my singing ;) I will post a rockin' video just for you, though! :icon_hug:

Bueno Dias Coffee Hosers. Drinking milk/cream/sugar with coffee is like putting ice in wine.

Yesterday was a female dog (apparently the 'B' word is persona non grata here) . I was up at 2:00 a.m. in order to leave by 3:00 a.m. in order to attend a meeting in Tulare (3.5 to 4 hours away) by 7:30 a.m. Fortunately, against all my reasoning and prior experience with SoCal Edison ... it was a very good meeting. Now I gotta get ready to attend a meeting in San Diego, about two hours away.

You can always say beeyotch ;)

Buenos dias a todos.

Ready today for my redo double root canal because I think my dentist screwed up the job the endodontist did the first time. :madass:

Oh well, at least Leonore will be posting a :guitar: video for us today :) Right?

Ugh! Sorry about the impending dental work :( It's always in the back of my mind that something is going to happen to one of my root canals.

Oh and sorry about the NO PLANS to post a video of my singing ;) I will post a rockin' video just for you, though! :icon_hug:

Fun song, impossible to sit still while listening to it. Took me back to my high school days.

Two questions:

No - and now I feel cheated and the coffee does not taste as wonderful as it did prior to your post. Gosh Darn!
Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel cheated. I just know that the day just seems a little bit "perkier" if you get the accessory pack to go with the machine. :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back