The Coffee House

Morning, hosers. This place has gotten a wee bit violent overnight... sheesh.

I'm so glad I don't have misophonia... I have enough problems the way it is :lol:

Cup number 2. My mom's coming here today. I'm so thrilled... not. Haven't seen her in nearly a year and that's not long enough. She was/is emotionally abusive and really isn't welcome here, but she's showing up anyway. She's got some form of mental illness that she refuses to acknowledge because "People with mental illnesses are an embarrassment to her family" (real quote). It's got to be schizophrenia or worse, since she literally worries about listening devices, the government coming after her, yadda yadda yadda.
hope you're coping :)

Thanks guys!

What's going on tonight? Day I guess for you Eric.

lol, I'm in San Diego now. Just haven't updated my stuff yet. Not much though. Just hanging out at the new house waiting on my stuff to arrive from Japan.

Bet that was pretty awesome being in Japan. I'd love to go there one day.

It was great. Lived there for almost 4 years. I highly recommend it!!!
been there for a month and a half... but not sure I could actually live there...

fascinating country, fascinating culture but I could never fit in enough there

Thanks guys!

What's going on tonight? Day I guess for you Eric.

lol, I'm in San Diego now. Just haven't updated my stuff yet. Not much though. Just hanging out at the new house waiting on my stuff to arrive from Japan.

Bet that was pretty awesome being in Japan. I'd love to go there one day.

It was great. Lived there for almost 4 years. I highly recommend it!!!
been there for a month and a half... but not sure I could actually live there...

fascinating country, fascinating culture but I could never fit in enough there

Sure you could. You know they loved you there.

Sure you could. You know they loved you there.
well I'm loved everywhere ;)

but seriously...

we had a week long lectures and presentations how to behave in Japan...

It's different when you read/hear about a certain country and when you spend some time there and meet people. A guy (from Europe) I know lives there in Tokio, have Japanese girlfriend a bit less then 10 years, have a good job... he's doing fine there but he'll never be accepted because he's not Japanese.

Maybe it's different when you're officer (or what rank are you?) :)

Good afternoon, Marija. Good morning, everyone else.

Good afternoon, Marija. Good morning, everyone else.
good afternoonmorning!!!

found something for you guys
11825601_635931566509619_2262254568612537658_n.jpg

and just so you know...

HEADPHONES DON'T HELP! I CAN STILL HEAR HER!!!

RIGHT NOW F.E. RIGHT NOW!!!

YAWNING AND SNIFFLING...

since I started to write this post she did that for about 10 times!!! now.... and now... and now... and now....

GOD!!!!!!

tomorrow I'll be leaving the office and hope when I come back she will stop doing it.

I can't even tell how many times...she's doing that all the time I'm writing this!

I'm out of the office! she's not stopping!!!

How can a human being yawn and sniffle this many times in the short period of time!!!???

How can a human being yawn and sniffle this many times in the short period of time!!!???
Maybe she needs more coffee?

Good morning, hosers!

Now, you know how I absolutely know EXACTLY how you feel and sympathize with you, though all I will say right now is at least they are just yawns and sniffles. Just imagine the other noises that can come out of a person...even if they haven't eaten recently...every 2-3 minutes...for hours...

Morning, hosers! All this talk of noisy annoying people makes me glad I have an office with a door. I've shared offices and it can be hard to take. The last time I had to share I actually was pretty lucky - we got along well and both were big jazz fans, so there was something to talk about when we weren't working.

I would like to write about how my misophonia affects me and what sounds I am sensitive to.

I get progressively irritated and it eventually ends in fairly noticeable action on my part. I will sometimes begin yelling, or begin losing patience with what I'm doing, or sometimes I can find and eliminate the source.

One regular noise is the fan rattle coming from my wife's night-time fan noise. Just whirring is not so bad, but occasionally the fan creeps over to some object and begins to rattle. Not a rhythmic rattle, but one that changes tempo and pitch at random. Since I am the only one in the room who is bothered by it, or even notices it, I will have to get up, walk around to the other side of the bed and move the damned fan.

Another type of noise is the background (not always music, in my book) noise that accompanies TV commercials. It is not the announcer, nor actors' voices, but the stupid background noise that presumably is there to entice people to look at the TV. We have been muting commercials for years, but occasionally someone else has the remote or my hands are in food, and I can't always get to the mute button.

How did I miss this yesterday?? I guess I was too busy at work :biglaugh:

Those fan sounds would bother me, too, though that would only make me annoyed and not ragey like I get with the worst triggers. Like some commercials! Mostly it's the voices, but sometimes it's the song or, like you said, the background noises.

Hi folks. :)

This a private club or anyone invited?

Not private at all, and open to anyone loony enough to join in! :allteeth: Welcome!

Most reactions

Back