The Coffee House

Good evening, everyone. Was a pretty good weekend with a crappy ending. Started off a little TOO early, with a freaking BAT getting in our room at 4:40 AM. Had it tested for rabies, came back negative. All clear there...

Got to St. Ignace sometime in the evening. Had dinner at this Mexican place-worst Mexican food I've had in a LONG time. In fact, I've had better from Taco Bell.

Next day, we hit Mini on the Mack, didn't quite break the record, but it was a great time. Went to a quaint little music festival. Had dinner outside overlooking the lake, then saw some fireworks.Was a great day.

Today... Drove 5 hours in varying degrees of thunderstorms, some VERY severe. Missed hail and funnel clouds by mere minutes apparently.

Got home, wife is having a panic attack of her own about the bat in our room. It did touch her face before I got the little bastard, so I get why, but she is beside herself. I don't really know what to do for her, since this is our house and our room. Going to have an inspector come by and see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Yowza that's a little too close for comfort, at least if you got it checked for rabies you don't have that to worry about.

When I worked at summer camp I remember one getting in the cabin, seems that involved a certain amount of useless chasing about with brooms etc. and I guess it freaked at the thought of spending any more time with a bunch of high school and college kids and took off. Not sure who terrorized who.

Watching some old freakish but cheezy movie and had to see the end, now I'll probably never get to sleep! lol I'll probably have a dream about Bette Davis and a fake mannequin head and a bat flying around. Which wasn't even in the movie.

There is a full moon isn't there?

Morning all. Looks like the start of another wonderful week.

Nancy, Breakfast is ready.......
coffee-breakfast.jpg

Well I'm off to see the sites. Probably won't make it for lunch. Perhaps we can do dinner if I get away in time. They tent and sleeping bag were great. :allteeth:

Morning, hosers.

I started off this work week with a sneeze. Awwwwww yeeeeaaaaah.

Morning hosers!

I spent most of yesterday sleeping because I felt like I was coming down with something. I feel a little better this morning, so we'll see how long it lasts. Maybe my body was just trying to make sure I got caught up on some sleep.

I'd love to take the day off today and go explore somewhere. Alas, it's not gonna happen.

InfoSys is supposed to come back this morning and "finish" setting up my new PC. They came Friday morning, started copying files, told me that since that would take a while they'd go work on someone else's and come back in a "little bit." A little bit turned out to be after 4:00 p.m.--and then only to collect their stuff that they'd left in my office. Here's hoping today they actually get the install done.
It'll still be a PC (a Dell, no less, I think)--and I'll still be using my 27-in. iMac for most of my actual work, but at least I did talk the guy into leaving the existing monitor AND the new monitor and setting it up as a dual display, so that'll help. I use the PC mostly for stuff I have to do on the network; it's on the city network and my Mac isn't, because they don't LIKE Macs. That suits me just fine. :D

Morning, hosers! Yeah, my response to the beginning of the week is usually ruder than a sneeze, or at least I'd like it to be. Hot again today, which isn't unusual for this time of year, but tends to make me grumpy anyhow. At least the nights should start getting cooler soon.

I had to run out to the bank, so on the way back I got a good strong coffee that I hope will take the edge off.

Morning, hosers! Yeah, my response to the beginning of the week is usually ruder than a sneeze, or at least I'd like it to be. Hot again today, which isn't unusual for this time of year, but tends to make me grumpy anyhow. At least the nights should start getting cooler soon.

I had to run out to the bank, so on the way back I got a good strong coffee that I hope will take the edge off.

August is to me what February is to people who hate winter. I am grumpy all month long. And by "grumpy" I mean "raging b1tch" ;)

August is to me what February is to people who hate winter. I am grumpy all month long. And by "grumpy" I mean "raging b1tch" ;)

Yeah, know what you mean, but I find that late August often is much more tolerable - mornings and nights are cooler because the days are shorter and there are more not-too-hot days mixed in - at least one can hope ...

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Yesterday was mostly yard work. Been on-line looking at gazebos to fill-in the new BBQ space. Man, they are expensive. Mary Lou, (who is much cheaper than I), thinks that Craig's List is the way to go. I dunno. While I was on-line I got a lot of small stuff that collectively would make my life better better individually, not so much. But I did get a Ninja blender for my oldest daughter. I'm having Costco send it directly to her in St. Louis as a surprise. Chris, (Binga), and I have been having a conversation about his new Petzler lens. I'm thinking of getting one.

Unusually humid around these parts. Usually we get a week or so of high humidity, 70%+ near the end of August. This is the second week of this unpleasantness. Like today will top out at 83F ... which is fine, but the humidity is at 78%. The weather app says that the 4mph wind ... will make it feel like 72F. I dunno about that. When I was living on the peninsula we only had one little, window shaker A/C unit. We only needed to run it during that one week in late August when everything steamed up and the night brought no relief. The A/C was in the living room and we'd all slept in the one room, huddled near the A/C like refugees.

Yeah, know what you mean, but I find that late August often is much more tolerable - mornings and nights are cooler because the days are shorter and there are more not-too-hot days mixed in - at least one can hope ...

Maybe it's where I live, but I find the nights don't really start cooling off until September. August is really muggy all the way through and the sun is even more intense than in July, so even if it's only in the 80's, it feels awful. I'm pretty much holed up inside as much as possible.

August is usually pretty humid here too. I love highs in the 80s, but with that much humidity, it feels awful.

Inspector came over and told me that there's only only one place they could get in. The A/C unit in our bedroom window. Yussss. I can fix that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back