The Coffee House

So, this is how today went for me:

What in the what?

The first time through, I was like:
britney-whaaat.gif

Then, I was all...
giphy.gif

And that's when I started giggling uncontrollably at how bizarre it was.

So, I take it you've never seen it before, haha. It's part of a longer video by Don Hertzfeldt called 'Rejected'. It's pretty darn good, but extremely bizarre and somewhat uncomfortable at times.

He also had a movie out recently. The wife and I watched it on Netflix. It was really, really good and sad.

My impression of the seasons:

Winter: SUCKS
Spring: SUCKS
Summer: YAY
Fall: SUCKS

That concludes my assessment of the seasons.

I would only amend this slightly:

Winter: SUCKS x 10,000
Spring: Summer is coming!
Summer: YAY
Fall: SUCKS, but at least there's Football.

Snow and ice removal sucks
mud sucks
mosquitos suck
Autumn doesn't suck even at halloween time.

Nap time is over for this round.

Winter: blues, greys & white (sometimes).
Spring & Summer: greens, yellows, purples, pinks & reds. Some browns at the end.
Autumn: orange, yellow, red & brown.

I can find something that I like in each one.

Listening to Blue Trane radio on Google Play. "During the late 1950s and early '60s, John Coltrane and many of his peers searched for a sound beyond bebop. This cool post-bop set, with saxophones aplenty, balances adventurousness and melody."

I don't know if you like jazz guitar (one of my favorite things), but if you do, check this out:

Kenny Burrell John Coltrane - Kenny Burrell John Coltrane - Amazon.com Music

It's an unusual pairing which works really well - not a well-known recording for some reason.

Will definitely check that out.

Speaking of odd combinations, do you remember the Stanley Clarke/Gregory Hines collaboration in the late 80s? "If This Bass Could Talk." Hines (I'm still upset that he died!) didn't appear on every track, but there were a few on which there was nothing but bass and tap.

Oh god, and remember the Arsenio Hall show?? :eek:

My favorite bassist along with Marcus Miller.
I miss Gregory too :(

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
mud sucks
mosquitos suck

Drought sucks, but other than that....no complaints. Wait, right now there are no birds migrating to speak of. So right now kinda sucks.

mud sucks
mosquitos suck

Drought sucks, but other than that....no complaints. Wait, right now there are no birds migrating to speak of. So right now kinda sucks.
The Drought does suck (many out here are capturing the cold shower water in buckets to reuse on their plants),
Earthquakes and Fires suck, (but they always affect someone else),
Crowded Freeways really suck. That's the worst thing out here ... Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter are all actually good and fun there are very few actually bad weather days. But there are way too many people out here enjoying the good weather.

Last edited:
Pro ems tip. Tape fixes everything.
5fca1bd60bbe114d019b19aff22cceca.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438642426644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438642426644.jpg
    960.4 KB · Views: 53

Most reactions

New Topics

Back