The Coffee House

Top of the morning to ya all. Start of another wonderful day in nowhere land. I'd tell you what it is like outside except the sun is smart enough to still be in bed. Forcast is for cooler tempratures with scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. For you west coasters, I would love to send you some of this rain. You could use it and we are good. The ponds and lakes here are full and every rain storm brings flooding or high water warnings. I know we are good on moisture when our sump pump runs with just a little rain. It's August and I still don't have to water the lawn much to keep it green.

Well off to another exciting day.

It's summertime and the livin is easy. Plenty coffee in the pot. Good morning.

image.jpg

Buenas Noches Coffee Hosers. My back is aching ... most likely from working on the drip system.

I just downloaded a free app ... "MyFitnessPal". It is a very good calorie counter, both calories in and calories expended. It sync's up with my activity tracker. I recommend it as it is really making me think of my food end of being healthy/diet. If anybody need to lose some weight, this is a very helpful tool.

I have been using that app, too. There's also an online site that syncs the information, so you can enter foods on your phone or the computer.

I just connected it to my Jawbone app but I don't find the "cross-pollination" to be very useful. My exercise from the fitness band app doesn't always sync properly, and I can just as easily add cardio to MyFitnessPal, so it's not a huge advantage on that end.

And when the food journal syncs to the fitness band app, Judgy Bracelet gets even judgier! It gives me a food score shows me the percentage of that nutrient I have consumed compared to the "recommended" amount. But then that's it. No discussion of individual foods, seemingly no way to control what the recommended amounts are, and then it spits out little "tips" like, "Well, it's fine to indulge once in a while, but be sure to be careful with the size of the portion." This was on a day that I ate ice cream. How much ice cream did I eat? Less than half a cup.

Oh lord, and the other day it praised me for my breakfast (which, iirc, was a pb&j) "A breakfast that would even make your Grandmother proud!" Seriously, who writes this crap? Forgetting for a moment that "Grandmother" shouldn't be capitalized, is Judgy Bracelet assuming is that my (or anyone's) automatically had a better diet because they were older? Did that generation eat better? Or would it in fact be horrified by it? And not fer nuthin, but my grandmother either fried or boiled the crap (and nutrients) out of food, was almost as wide as she was tall (granted, she was pretty short), and died of a heart attack in her 70s.

So I might need to take Judgy Bracelet out of the food equation.

Buenas Noches Coffee Hosers. My back is aching ... most likely from working on the drip system.

I just downloaded a free app ... "MyFitnessPal". It is a very good calorie counter, both calories in and calories expended. It sync's up with my activity tracker. I recommend it as it is really making me think of my food end of being healthy/diet. If anybody need to lose some weight, this is a very helpful tool.
Just curious, do you know anyone using the paid version of this app? I have been using it for a while, especially since my better half got me an Apple watch. The apple upgrade version seems to be a subscription thing and I am not terribly fond of subscription apps or programs in general. I would be interested in what the paid app offers but don't know of anyone here that used the paid version.

I used to listen to Car Talk all the time. It's amusing, but only once in a while these days. It's kind of like how you become obsessed with a certain food and eat it all the time, until one day you get tired of it and kind of lose your taste for it.
It could be like eating leftovers. Click and Clack retired in 2012, and all shows currently broadcast are edited reruns of old shows. Alas. Now I can't wait to respond to someone posting with a shutter problem, "What color is your camera?"

I used to listen to Car Talk all the time. It's amusing, but only once in a while these days. It's kind of like how you become obsessed with a certain food and eat it all the time, until one day you get tired of it and kind of lose your taste for it.
It could be like eating leftovers. Click and Clack retired in 2012, and all shows currently broadcast are edited reruns of old shows. Alas. Now I can't wait to respond to someone posting with a shutter problem, "What color is your camera?"
A lot of the material now from what I understand is also stuff that was never aired in the first place. Some of it however even as re-runs or left overs are still funny as can be. Case in point, probably my favorite .....

I just downloaded a free app ... "MyFitnessPal".
I love that app! I have it, too. Before my wife and I started working out, we began our healthy lifestyle by changing our diet. Not going on a specific diet, but eating healthier overall. We still eat junk, but now we're much more conscious of what and how much junk we put in our bodies. Just by using the app/service to track our foods, we lost probably 20 pounds each. After we learned to eat better, we started exercising.

I'm down about 50 pounds, the wife is down 60+ pounds. We feel great. A few months ago we took my in-laws to the airport. We nearly had a heart attack when we realized that we used to carry the weight of one suitcase on our bodies at all times. Definitely an eye opener.

The fitness app's connected to the Jawbone, the Jawbone's connected to the, fitness bracelet...

Hosers.

Waiting for an un-delivery, outgoing package today; one of my photos going to hang on a wall in an exhibit, hope it has a nice trip.

I used to catch the Tappit bros. sometimes, they were pretty funny.

Just sat down to grab a little lunch, looked out the window and realized that the meteorlogist is not the one to take tips from on the horses today. Not one drop of rain has fallen yet, not one crack of lightning or rumble of thunder. Lots of clouds with nothing to show for them at this point except a temprature of 81 degrees.

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Back from my mornings. The app and my Garmin seem to work well ... (after one day ... right?), in my case, the app checks the caloric output on the tracker and makes an adjustment to the calore chart.

I just was informed by Garmin, (the maker of my activity tracker), to update my activity tracker. After doing so, it is now officially linked to the MyFitnessPal ... we'll see what happens now.

Hola, hosers. Upgraded to Windows 10 the other day, seems to be working OK. Takes some getting used to.

In other news, wife still won't sleep in the bed due to the damned bat.

Hola, hosers. Upgraded to Windows 10 the other day, seems to be working OK. Takes some getting used to.

In other news, wife still won't sleep in the bed due to the damned bat.
Okaaaayyy. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Started off a little TOO early, with a freaking BAT getting in our room at 4:40 AM. Had it tested for rabies, came back negative. All clear there.

I missed this post. Been there, done that. A few years ago, one got into my office. I shut the door, put up a "Do Not Enter" sign, and informed the boss. One of the case managers came in to look - it was just hanging on the wall - but turned off the light when he was done (not smart).

Animal control shows up and the bugger is gone. OK, so it went back out the way it came in. I started clearing off all of the crap on my desk. I get to the bottom of the pile and there is the brown fuzzy! I place a plastic tub over it to secure the scene, shut the door again, and call Animal Control back out. The man grabs it (wearing leather gloves) and goes outside with it.

I go outside to the dumpster to throw out the stuff it was hiding under and I see the animal guy. He's trying to get the bat to fly home, I guess. Each time he (gently) tosses this thing into the air, it just falls to the ground. Imagine the scene where Forrest Gump learns he can run, but with a different outcome . . . "Fly, Bella; fly!" <thud> "Fly, Bella!" <thud> "Come on, now, Bella!" <thud> . . .

Anyway, you have now earned this (as I did, that day):

batman-logo-big.gif

Awww, poor bat :(

Evening, hosers. Had a nice relaxing afternoon. Only had readings in the morning (the rest of the month it will be morning and afternoon every T and Th) so I spent some time with Buzz, the pool, and a nice glass of wine :)

Most reactions

Back