The Coffee House

Honestly, I've had some pretty good prime rib at excellent eateries ... This Tri-Tip tastes as good as the best prime rib.
E-mail me a sandwhich-worth, wouldja?
Mary Lou kept repeating that this was the best meat she had ever eaten in her whole life.

I would love to share my Tri-tip with all of youse.

Morning, Leonore! About to start my second cup of coffee!

We were supposed to have a couple of bigwigs at our workplace today, doing a press conference about who knows what transportation-related subject. One of our congressmen and the US Secretary of Transportation.
That meant my afternoon would be consumed with taking pictures of the two officials and their entourage as they toured the facility and then did their press conference. It also meant I'd have to dress WAY nicer than I usually do for work.

Late yesterday, we got an email that the Secretary of Transportation had decided to hold the press conference somewhere else. The whole tone of the email was "bummer," but I was kinda like :boogie:.
Don't have to dress up, don't have to spend the afternoon trying to dodge all the cell phones and iPads to get decent photos (actually, the photography part would have been okay, except that I have a LOT of work to get done that I'm on a deadline for, and the deadline is looming quite large).
And mostly, don't have to put on my "social interaction" face and use up my entire month's allotment of sociability energy in one afternoon.

Good morning. I'm off to a late start, today: still on my first cup.
Staying home one more day since the 'laxers will knock me out around one or two o'clock. I'm still getting a little work done, though.

OK, I have to figure out how to adjust the "notifications" in Windows 10 - it's telling me stuff I know and don't consider an issue - worse than the phone when I got it.

Sharon - glad to hear that the pressure is off a bit. The POTUS has visited a nearby elementary school (close to work) a few times over the past few years so we've had to deal with the extra traffic. Been caught near Andrews a number of times when the motorcade rolls through.

Beautiful Day in Do-Dah. 70 degrees, cloudy, and a wonderful strong rain has been falling since around 5;00 a.m. We easily have well over an inch of rain already and no end to the showers for at least another hours. Air is clean, fresh, clear and calm with a slight 9mph breeze. One of those days to open up the house, put on some good music and curl up with a good book with the dogs at my feet and the cat on my lap.

Unfortunately I have to work. Oh well. Still a great day to be alive.

Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Last edited:
Morning, hosers! Cooling off a little here over the next few days. I'm back at work after a break yesterday. The person whose work I was covering (and grumbling about) during a leave came back, so now I have "just" my own to worry about.

morning. another day in the world. I had to look this one up i was curious from whence it come...

DSC_7858_02.JPG

Morning, again hosers!

Sharon, I would feel the same way. While it might be fun to take the pictures, but like you, I'd be annoyed that I had to waste all my social energy on a work thing for some muckety muck.

So my new coffee pot is pretty good. Holds about the same amount, maybe a bit more, than my old one, and it definitely keeps the coffee hot enough so I don't have to warm up the second cup. That was my only gripe with the French press. I tend to linger over my coffee, so by the time the second cup came, I'd have to give it a quick zap in the microwave to make it hot enough, but even that little bit changed the taste. But now I won't have to do that. It's such a small thing, but it makes me so happy! :1251:

Tried something new on the bike last night. I've been reading a bit about High Intensity Training and how it can provide more benefit than lower intensity even though the overall time of exercise is less. It's short bursts of activity during which you push as hard as you can, but then take it really easy during the recovery. The routine I settled on was one minute of pushing, then one minute recovery, for a total of 20 minutes. I did a mile as a warm up, 3.5 miles of the training, then half a mile for cool down. The whole thing took probably 30 minutes which is the same amount of time I would have taken to do that same 5 miles at a moderate, steady pace.

On paper, it looks like the same workout: 30 minutes, 5 miles. But it felt so different at the end! It felt really good! The research suggests that this kind of workout three times a week can make a big difference, so I think I'll try that 3 times a week and alternate it with my weights and some steady-pace biking.

Good morning, hosers. I'm glad we're back on topic here.

First cup is always the most important. If it weren't for coffee I'd never wake up.

Most reactions

Back