The Coffee House

Can you get coconut water there? It's become very popular here. It's kind of like a natural Gatorade - it helps replace electrolytes but without all the high fructose corn syrup like in artificial sports drinks.

Does anyone know anything that is good for low blood pressure?

(except drink a lot of water, take some coffe)

thank you!

I do have low blood pressure (95/55 usually) but the other day, it was 80/65 and I'm a bit worried.

Of course I googled and my friend suggested me homeopathy because she tried and it helped her.

Any experiences here?
I would see a doctor.
Hypotension can be caused be caused by lots of things.
Anemia- low hemoglobin and hematocrit. (Low blood count)
Excessive vasodilation.
Bradycardia -low heart rate.
I would see a doctor to rule out anything serious. Just in case
Thank you, I'm considering going to a doctor but I don't think it has some serious cause.

Can you get coconut water there? It's become very popular here. It's kind of like a natural Gatorade - it helps replace electrolytes but without all the high fructose corn syrup like in artificial sports drinks.
hey, I've never heard about it. I'll try to find it. Thanks :)

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Mary Lou starts work again today. Like many in education she gets some time off in the summer. She's all pissed about it ... but getting a paycheck is nice too. This has been a nice month, heatwaves and all. She concentrated on losing weight and I joined her. Her goal was 20 pounds but she attained a loss of 16 pounds. Which is still very good. The main thing was to alter our eating habits to reflect changes in our metabolism. I think were over the hump with that, eating smaller meals, no snacks and making better choices. Speaking of eating ... last night we had some steaks ... the new Kamado, again performed admirably, delivering a juicy piece of meat with perfect pinkness and a hint of smokey flavor. Mary Lou's parting words to me "... Don't eat".

@ Marija- Anytime your blood pressure is low, just give me a call. I'll get it up to boiling in no time ... that's what others say.

Last edited:
Morning, hosers. Been a rather tough week, but maybe things will brighten up soon. Child starts school tomorrow, so I'll actually have time to myself on a DAILY basis. Incredible.

Hey we're on page 700. Big deal, huh? lol But 10,000+ posts?? holy cow.

So which book Lenny are you saying teachers would like? or now no longer teachers? (Well, not really, I might not be teaching now but I don't think you stop being a teacher, I can't help myself!)

Anyway it's not the Amazing 600+ Pages of Adventures (in small print) is it??

Was looking up all three and found this, an opinion, but when Murdoch was mentioned I groaned. Seems a shame if someone didn't leave their work in the hands of someone to carry on in the way the person would have wanted. If that's the case.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/opinion/joe-nocera-the-watchman-fraud.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Hey we're on page 700. Big deal, huh? lol But 10,000+ posts?? holy cow.

So which book Lenny are you saying teachers would like? or now no longer teachers? (Well, not really, I might not be teaching now but I don't think you stop being a teacher, I can't help myself!)

Anyway it's not the Amazing 600+ Pages of Adventures (in small print) is it??

Was looking up all three and found this, an opinion, but when Murdoch was mentioned I groaned. Seems a shame if someone didn't leave their work in the hands of someone to carry on in the way the person would have wanted. If that's the case.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/opinion/joe-nocera-the-watchman-fraud.html?_r=0

That wasn't me, Sharon, it was Designer in this post: What are you reading? | Page 25 | Photography Forum

As for Watchman...I know that there is a lot of controversy over the publication and it is seen as just a money grab. Some say it should never have been published. I think that even if it was published with more financial than literary interests, it's still a good thing it was published. If nothing else, it adds to the scholarship and insight into one of the most read, lauded, and discussed books of the 20th century. They publish gallery proofs of classics, letters from the author, posthumous novels that never had the chance to be revised...all these are available and no stink is ever made about the "money-grab" or "exploitation" of the authors. I think the big mistake was creating so much hype over Watchman and trying to market it as a stand-alone book to be judged on its own merits. It is not that. But it still was a good thing that it saw the light of day.

So much for today being better. Could barely get out of the house today, now it's couch time for probably the rest of the day.

Actually, there's a bright spot today. Bought a TLR so I can use 120 film again. I've got a stash of Ektar, Portra, and Velvia that I need to use, and this should be a good way to use it. I missed 6x6 anyway.

What TLR did you get, Coop? Hope the week improves for you.

I must have lost track of who was talking about what, Leonore. Seems to me too that it's better to have been published than for no one to ever be able to read it. The hype with a lot of things seems to be more than it needs to be.

I'd be more interested in a product that would give me all that high fructose corn syrup without those nasty electrolytes. Lol

I'd be more interested in a product that would give me all that high fructose corn syrup without those nasty electrolytes. Lol

It's called Coca-Cola. Knock yourself out!

PT self extubated themselves on the way to the hospital today. Pucker factor was high on that one.

It's called Coca-Cola. Knock yourself out!
See, you folks know everything. That's why I come here for all my nutritional advice, and of course all my legal advice too.

Lol

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back