The Coffee House

Technically I am a GIS intern. I retired from PG County while working on a Geography degree. I went to Fire/EMS to get some practical experience.

My main project has been building time-based run cards. Had to learn from scratch - nobody seems to have done it.

Technically I am a GIS intern. I retired from PG County while working on a Geography degree. I went to Fire/EMS to get some practical experience.

My main project has been building time-based run cards. Had to learn from scratch - nobody seems to have done it.

I know where your coming from with nobody seems to have done it. We went to electronic PCR's in January and now the states says we have to leave a copy of it at the hospital within 24 hours. Apparently the software people never thought of that aspect of the scenario. S o now we fill out everything electronically then pull out a sheet of paper to fill out and leave for the hospital. Hmmm something is a little spɹɐʍʞɔɐq there.

It's not difficult once you know the steps. The problem has been that I had to figure out what the steps would be. Some things work, others won't. For example, the software will calculate the closest stations to a call (or an address). The problem is, sometimes a building (more accurately, a mapped address point) is closer to a road it is not really on. I had an apartment complex map out to three separate box areas (box defined as a unique set of first, second and third due stations). When looked at the details of the routing, it placed the access point to a few buildings off one road. The problem is, there's an 8-foot steel fence between that road and the buildings - not gonna work. So we had to "snap" the address points to the road center.

I've got to tale MLW to work (last night for the week). I'll be back late, so I'll just say "Goodnight" now. Catch up with y'all at coffee time.

Back at the Bowl.
image.jpg

Pink Martini

Good afternoon-morning.

Got back from picking up MLW from her night shift. Off to therapy in a bit, then back home. We decided to take the day off (or work from home).

Neighbor Jeff with his 98 pound watermelon. Coffee buds we need help with eatin this
11934961_10204891512063943_8752075865555326280_n.jpg

The wife and I saw A Walk in the Woods yesterday. If you want a comedy with lots of cliched jokes, fat shaming/jokes, drunk jokes, and whatnot, go see it. It had its moments. If you read the book, you'll notice some differences. I think the biggest part that annoyed me in the movie was that they were on the trail for many miles, and their bodies/boots/gear showed essentially no signs of wear. That was a disappointment to me.

The wife and I saw A Walk in the Woods yesterday. If you want a comedy with lots of cliched jokes, fat shaming/jokes, drunk jokes, and whatnot, go see it. It had its moments. If you read the book, you'll notice some differences. I think the biggest part that annoyed me in the movie was that they were on the trail for many miles, and their bodies/boots/gear showed essentially no signs of wear. That was a disappointment to me.
thanks, won't watch it

Morning, hosers!

I wasn't really interested in seeing that movie, but now I have even less interest. The book was good - Bryson is an entertaining writer while still presenting real information. I think it was a bad idea to begin with to make a movie out of the book.

Ed, I'll be down in an hour or so with a bib on! :)

So I was really good about staying away from triggers but alas, the headache found me anyway :( Hopefully it won't be too bad this time.

So I was really good about staying away from triggers but alas, the headache found me anyway :( Hopefully it won't be too bad this time.

One found me by the time I woke up. Two Advil and a coffee so far and holding my own - we'll see how the day develops and how much people manage to aggravate me here at work. Hope yours is on the way out.

Morning, hosers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back