The Coffee House

Fingers crossed, Lenny.

Playing by the rules:

Lenny gets the Love a Turtle award for the day.

uploadfromtaptalk1441320698570.jpg

Buenas Tardis Coffee Hosers. Hey Leo, I also wish you well on the job prospect. Next time you apply for a job at the same place you're working (campus/district/et al) ... call the person who is vacating the job, (or equal), and ask them to tell you about the job. It gives you a leg up for your interview and it impresses the people(s) who are involved with the job you seek.

PS- If you don't know Pink Martini, check them out I think you would like them.

G

Playing by the rules:

Lenny gets the Love a Turtle award for the day.

Oh my god, I IZ DED! Dead from teh cutes!

Next, on CSI TPF

"Wow.. look at the facial expression. That's just spooky. Any idea on cause of death?"

"Yes. I can tell you exactly what killed her. Adorable Overload. This poor woman has been cutsied to death".

"Egads. How does something like that happen?"

"Well, my guess is someone sent her that damn kitty hugging a turtle picture. Interpol has been trying to track it down and have it removed from the internet for years.. but every so often somebody sends it as an email attachment or posts it to a forum, and bam. "

We will return to CSI TPF after this brief commercial interruption..

Buenas Tardis Coffee Hosers. Hey Leo, I also wish you well on the job prospect. Next time you apply for a job at the same place you're working (campus/district/et al) ... call the person who is vacating the job, (or equal), and ask them to tell you about the job. It gives you a leg up for your interview and it impresses the people(s) who are involved with the job you seek.

G

That's a good idea, though in this case it wasn't possible because it's a brand new position. I would get to define the role.

Oh, and I saved a turtle on my way to work this morning! He (or she) was a medium-sized box turtle and was sitting right on the double yellow line. I pulled over and picked him up to bring him to the side of the road he was facing in. As soon as I did, he tucked himself in, of course, but then very briefly peeked his head out long enough to let out a quick hiss and then he tucked it back into his shell. Once I put him on the ground heading downhill, his little legs shot out and he started booking down the hill.

I love a turtle :586:

I do this whenever I come across them like that. They're never grateful, which makes me love them even more. :heartpump:

The last time I did it, I had come across a large one who was in such a terrible place in the middle of a busy street that I simply braked, popped on the flashers, and got out to perform the deed. I was certain that horns would be honking and middle fingers would be positioned my way, but instead I glanced around and saw nothing but smiles all around. Everyone seemed to know and appreciate exactly what I was doing.

That was an extra-special save. :586: Seems a lot of people love a turtle!

What a wonderful, wonderful night!!!!! It's the most wonderful time of the year!
College football has started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sitting here, doing my once-a-year "ridiculous amount of effort" UT Volunteers nails and going back and forth between the S. Carolina v. N. Carolina game and the Vandy v. WKU game. I am just blissfully happy...

Time for a Haiku. WARNING: I am not a writer nor a poet.

I see the falcon
Focusing but he flies off
Jammin’ S.O.B.

G

That's a good idea, though in this case it wasn't possible because it's a brand new position. I would get to define the role.
Cool!! No wonder you're so interested. Good luck!

@Gary, that really is an excellent idea - I actually fielded a call like this once and the person did get the gig (healthcare management). It works!

Most of the turtles around here are of the snapping variety. Heavily armored, if you hit them with a car you generally just annoy them. Try to pick them up and you'll most likely lose a limb.

But they are cute. Well as cute as anything that prehistoric can get I guess.. lol

Most reactions

Back