The Coffee House

Yup^^^

Gators play at 7:30, so I've got time to do other stuff during the day. I need to clean, start getting my school materials ready for classes on Tuesday, and I have GOT to start developing my damn film already! I finally got rid of the 35mm backlog and now I've been sitting on 5 rolls of 120 that need to go into the soup, and I can't figure out why I'm dallying. I think I've just been so focused on work stuff this year and it's hard to transition into my artsy side :)

Oh, and I'm really annoyed that I can't have beer while watching football tonight, but at least I can have pizza!

Good morning. My plans for the day are:
1 - 4. Coffee
5. Look for something related to jammin' orange
6. Pie.
7. (Open to suggestions)

Yeah, I really should enter that this month. I say that every month. :048: But this month, I suspect I know exactly why the theme is "Orange" and perhaps I should sneak in a little bit of blue into that picture ;)

For the record, I had considered two pictures for "Space" but couldn't decide whether or not either one satisfied me.

Scraggly tree
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Reading

I do like the first a lot, but I know folks here would be all over the "IQ" - it's an instant print and I would have rescanned to get a better digital image out of it. The print looks great but it's hard to translate that into the screen. Plus, I had already uploaded it to Flickr.

The second one is okay. Little things bug me about it, but I still like it overall. But I think I got the film scanned on the last day of August and it wasn't enough time for me to first of all decide if I wanted to enter it, and if I did, to then work on it to make it ready to go.

Anyway...

I had a couple of ideas for last month, one to do with parking one with a mid-sized kitty and a little box, but neither cars nor kitties would cooperate.

Blue is the complement to orange. ;)

I like #2 for the theme. Too bad about those shore rocks on the right.

Good morning. My plans for the day are:
1 - 4. Coffee
5. Look for something related to jammin' orange
6. Pie.
7. (Open to suggestions)

:biggrin-93:

As for #7, it seems pretty obvious to me. More Pie. With some coffee.

Well, there's a cobbler here, too!

Yeah, I really should enter that this month. I say that every month. :048: But this month, I suspect I know exactly why the theme is "Orange" and perhaps I should sneak in a little bit of blue into that picture ;)

For the record, I had considered two pictures for "Space" but couldn't decide whether or not either one satisfied me.

Scraggly tree

Reading

I do like the first a lot, but I know folks here would be all over the "IQ" - it's an instant print and I would have rescanned to get a better digital image out of it. The print looks great but it's hard to translate that into the screen. Plus, I had already uploaded it to Flickr.

The second one is okay. Little things bug me about it, but I still like it overall. But I think I got the film scanned on the last day of August and it wasn't enough time for me to first of all decide if I wanted to enter it, and if I did, to then work on it to make it ready to go.

Anyway...

The beauty of my theme choice for the month is that, while I may have chosen it for a particular reason (whatever that might be, lol)--everyone gets to interpret it however they want! AND, since I'm not even the one deciding the winner, my "slight" bias to a particular shade of orange has no impact on the contest at all.
On the other hand, I may have to post some photos with decidedly "poor" orange choices, like orange with glue. :D

Scraggly tree

Reading

Anyway...

I like the second one. I know there's space between him and the edge but I really want to see him facing into the frame.

On the other hand, I may have to post some photos with decidedly "poor" orange choices, like orange with glue. :D
or an orange cow - you know, the one with the big horns; same initials as your place.

I like #2 for the theme. Too bad about those shore rocks on the right.

Yeah, that's one of the things that bugs me. Either no rocks or more rocks, I feel. And if I'd shifted a tiny bit more to the right, I would have gotten more rocks AND I wouldn't have cut off his bench. Can't remember if there was something I was trying to exclude from the frame. More likely I was just shooting fast before he moved or turned to look at me.

I like the second one. I know there's space between him and the edge but I really want to see him facing into the frame.

I suppose that was a "rule" that I broke, but I kind of liked that he was facing right. What I liked about this was the contrast of how pretty the view was but he had his back to it to pay attention to his book (he was reading poetry, btw. I snuck a peek ;) ) I have him from another angle, too - from slightly behind him, showing the view that he was facing.

More to do with moving objects - you want them to move into the frame, otherwise they look like they are going to run into a wall (the edge). Not really a "rule" but visual stability (for lack of the real term).

Your's is really fine, it just that I can't get around it.

The reader's back to the wide open space fits the theme, and implies seclusion.

Morning, hosers! Out this morning before it got too hot. This is someone's rooftop hideaway in a neighborhood called Manayunk, which is particularly steep. I took this from the middle of the Gay Street Stairway, which takes one 200 feet further from the Schuylkill River and up almost as much.

chair-roof 090515.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back