The Coffee House

Continuing, now that I am at home and not fritzing on the phone.

Welcome back, Paul. I can certainly relate to being too busy to stop by.
Coop - sorry to hear about your loss. Not really the praying type, but you are in my thoughts.
Todd - hope it gets better. I don't think I'm your drama puppy, so I'm not going away.
Marija - I'll look through my little book on how to deal with jammin' fast-holes and see if there's a way to get rid of chew-talker without committing a felony.
Hippy - love the coffee cup & purricane categories.

Did I leave anyone out? Oh. Leonore, Sharon, & Sharon - Just keep doing what you do. ;)

Have you considered simply wrestling her to the floor and beating her with a desk-lamp 'til she stops?

So your supposed to stop beating them with the desk lamp at some point? Huh. Might help if we could get an FAQ page on this.. or something..
Well... I generally use either the breaking of the desk-lamp, or my arm being too tired to continue as a guideline....

But wouldn't you just grab another desk lamp and switch arms? See.. this is why we need a FAQ.. lol
Well... write one!

Oh no.. I am so not going down that road. Then I'll get the "but you should have written it this way what were you thinking this is a personal affront" silliness. Lol
Your afront is pretty silly!

Have you considered simply wrestling her to the floor and beating her with a desk-lamp 'til she stops?

So your supposed to stop beating them with the desk lamp at some point? Huh. Might help if we could get an FAQ page on this.. or something..
Well... I generally use either the breaking of the desk-lamp, or my arm being too tired to continue as a guideline....

But wouldn't you just grab another desk lamp and switch arms? See.. this is why we need a FAQ.. lol
Well... write one!

Oh no.. I am so not going down that road. Then I'll get the "but you should have written it this way what were you thinking this is a personal affront" silliness. Lol
Your afront is pretty silly!
So is my aback... but more on that later. Lol

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Continuing, now that I am at home and not fritzing on the phone.

Welcome back, Paul. I can certainly relate to being too busy to stop by.
Coop - sorry to hear about your loss. Not really the praying type, but you are in my thoughts.
Todd - hope it gets better. I don't think I'm your drama puppy, so I'm not going away.
Marija - I'll look through my little book on how to deal with jammin' fast-holes and see if there's a way to get rid of chew-talker without committing a felony.
Hippy - love the coffee cup & purricane categories.

Did I leave anyone out? Oh. Leonore, Sharon, & Sharon - Just keep doing what you do. ;)
Nope, your not.. and it wasn't a puppy so much as a small kennel but it's all good. Just going to hang here and stay above the fray that seems to always ensue in other threads.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

monkey-selfie.jpg

Buenos Noches Coffee Hosers. It been a long day. Mary Lou just came back from a four mile walk and we are celebrating the end of a long day with some Wilson Creek Champagne. Life is good.

Buenos Noches Coffee Hosers. It been a long day. Mary Lou just came back from a four mile walk and we are celebrating the end of a long day with some Wilson Creek Champagne. Life is good.
I walked 3 miles yesterday and today!

I walked 3 miles yesterday and today!

I swam two with this Nor'easter hanging around. The good news is that Joaquin has apparently decided not to graces us with his presence.

Taking the boys to DC in the AM for their train ride to NYC.

The Cook and I walk two to four miles everyday.

PS- Yesterday, Mary Lou and I attended the grand re-opening of Clifton's Cafeteria, the oldest surviving cafeteria eatery in Los Angeles and the largest public cafeteria in the world. It is a bit of an icon in the cafeteria world.
image.jpeg

iPhone image

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I've walked about two miles every day this past month.

Well, let me rephrase that: If you add up all the walking I did every day in the past month, it might be about two miles. :D
In my defense, even before Joaquin decided to bear in on the coast, it's been wet, wet and more wet here. It's been a dreary, dreary start to fall. The damp and lack of sun are definitely not helping my depression about the change of seasons!

On the plus side, nothing but rain today means I might as well just sit here and drink more coffee.

Today is a big day, my wife's grandma turns 100 and throwing her a big party. Been washing dishes for her (wife) all morning as she cooks. Also, helped put together some interesting facts about the year 1915... Coffee 15 cents a pound, 95% all babies born in the home, only 140 something miles of paved roads, that sort of stuff. Grandma still walks around without any aid of walker, tack sharp mind, and just a wonderful woman. Her secret she says is," joy. "

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Today is a big day, my wife's grandma turns 100 and throwing her a big party. Been washing dishes for her (wife) all morning as she cooks. Also, helped put together some interesting facts about the year 1915... Coffee 15 cents a pound, 95% all babies born in the home, only 140 something miles of paved roads, that sort of stuff. Grandma still walks around without any aid of walker, tack sharp mind, and just a wonderful woman. Her secret she says is," joy. "

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That is absolutely lovely! You're being such a tremendous help to your wife on this momentous day. Grandma sounds like a pistol, and I bet she has had an amazing life, with many stories to tell. We should all aspire to age so well.

Have a wonderful time at the party! :)

Good morning, hosers. Been a rough couple days. More drama seems to be popping up in my life and I'm one to generally avoid it as much as possible.

Most reactions

Back