The Coffee House

Today is a big day, my wife's grandma turns 100 and throwing her a big party. Been washing dishes for her (wife) all morning as she cooks. Also, helped put together some interesting facts about the year 1915... Coffee 15 cents a pound, 95% all babies born in the home, only 140 something miles of paved roads, that sort of stuff. Grandma still walks around without any aid of walker, tack sharp mind, and just a wonderful woman. Her secret she says is," joy. "

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tell Grandma BRAVO! I hope her next 100 years will be equally joyful.

Today is a big day, my wife's grandma turns 100 and throwing her a big party. Been washing dishes for her (wife) all morning as she cooks. Also, helped put together some interesting facts about the year 1915... Coffee 15 cents a pound, 95% all babies born in the home, only 140 something miles of paved roads, that sort of stuff. Grandma still walks around without any aid of walker, tack sharp mind, and just a wonderful woman. Her secret she says is," joy. "

That is absolutely lovely! You're being such a tremendous help to your wife on this momentous day. Grandma sounds like a pistol, and I bet she has had an amazing life, with many stories to tell. We should all aspire to age so well.

Have a wonderful time at the party! :)

She is a pistol and an angel. Never heard her cuss once. Just don't leave the car keys out, she will take off :bouncingsmileys:. They forced her to stop driving 3 years ago, needless to say, she was not a happy camper.

I've walked about two miles every day this past month.

Well, let me rephrase that: If you add up all the walking I did every day in the past month, it might be about two miles. :D
In my defense, even before Joaquin decided to bear in on the coast, it's been wet, wet and more wet here. It's been a dreary, dreary start to fall. The damp and lack of sun are definitely not helping my depression about the change of seasons!

On the plus side, nothing but rain today means I might as well just sit here and drink more coffee.
I keep tellin' you Sharon ... come out here it's dry and warm (probably not as steamy hot as you like ... but still hot enough in summer).

Thanks for the support, everyone. I know I can count on you guys. I'm actually handling it pretty well, thanks to the amount of other stuff that's been going on-photo shoots, school things, getting the wife lined up for school, etc.
Just another voice of support, for what it is worth.

That is absolutely lovely! You're being such a tremendous help to your wife on this momentous day. Grandma sounds like a pistol, and I bet she has had an amazing life, with many stories to tell. We should all aspire to age so well.

Have a wonderful time at the party! :)
Thank you. She works very hard at her job. I enjoy helping her when I can as there is not a lot I can do in the kitchen. I did get her a cleaning lady to come over weekly this year to clean floors, bathrooms, dust, etc. She loves that big time. I guess it's those little things that make a marriage prosper.

****-funeral's today. Looks like an emergency trip to Milwaukee is in order.

Sorry to hear about that. Check back w/us when you can.

Cool and rainy today but - it's almost hockey season! Our home opener next weekend - I will try not to sit here clutching my tickets all week.

I think the week has caught up with me, kind of pooped today. My brother was supposed to have knee surgery and next thing you know I'm getting a call that he passed out before they even got to the hospital. Turned out he had a blood clot, which they got dissolved; he was in ICU and started doing better so moving into a regular room today. So at least he's on the mend and back to being a smart ass. And I'm not even the one able to go up and be of any help but I think the worry just tires you out.

That and a couple of nights of waking up too stuffed up to get back to sleep, so was back up, squirting nasal saline stuff and gargling and whatnot. I wish the weather would make up its mind! and stop messin' with my head. Summer one day, winter the next, pick a season already! lol

Poor Sharon! I know how you feel! As much as I love the fall, sometimes it takes too long to settle in. I've been fighting the snuffles for days.

Hang in there, Coop. Safe travels.

That's awesome. 100, that's a VERY big deal. My grandmother made it to 98, much the same as yours--sharp mind, able to move around unaided. She'd always wanted to live to 100, but she had a heart attack in May (NOT her first, by a long shot), then fell in June (didn't break anything, just got really bruised up. Well, she did break one thing--the side table she fell over!). The two health setbacks were just too much and she went downhill quickly. Made it to her 98th birthday, but just barely--birthday was Aug. 27, and she lived until Sept. 10. Died about 9 hours before planes flew into the Twin Towers.

Washing dishes as wife cooks = 10,000 brownie points for you!

I sure hope your wife's grandmother likes her birthday present! ;)

That's awesome. 100, that's a VERY big deal. My grandmother made it to 98, much the same as yours--sharp mind, able to move around unaided. She'd always wanted to live to 100, but she had a heart attack in May (NOT her first, by a long shot), then fell in June (didn't break anything, just got really bruised up. Well, she did break one thing--the side table she fell over!). The two health setbacks were just too much and she went downhill quickly. Made it to her 98th birthday, but just barely--birthday was Aug. 27, and she lived until Sept. 10. Died about 9 hours before planes flew into the Twin Towers.

Sorry for your loss.

I need all the brownie points I can get, hopefully it will last a week[emoji6]

She LOVED your photo! Scored brownie points there too[emoji56]

I want fall - no more summer, not November... supposed to be 70ish by Monday so my nose will just have to drip til then! lol

Here is the birthday girl with sm4him artwork I purchased last week.
32bcee18f01f6f5bbf5fea2b9cb684af.jpg

Most reactions

Back