The Coffee House

Morning, hosers. These weeks are going by fast, yikes! The new job is busy (but good) and so of course the time seems to go faster when there are actually things to do. And the first assignments for each of my three classes need to be graded by tomorrow. I'm totally out of my grading rhythm but the first essays are due this week, so I'd better find that rhythm fast :048:

I have a few more quiet minutes with my coffee and then I have to get my lunch together and get dressed.

Oh, Monday.
11356023_847763138636387_1501997277_n.jpg

Cleaned the windshield of my car yesterday, inside and out. I didn't realize how bad it was until my drive in to work today! :bek113:

These weeks are going by fast, yikes!

Totally agree. I have a small calendar showing every day of the year in my cube at work. I cross out each day as we go along. I can't believe we're already in October. It feels like I just hung the darn thing up!

I'm totally out of my grading rhythm but the first essays are due this week, so I'd better find that rhythm fast :048:

It must be really difficult to get started on that. For a very brief period I did some editing for a student publication and it nearly drove me insane. Even the laughs I got from the mistakes made by supposedly very educated people didn't make it worth it for me.

I'm totally out of my grading rhythm but the first essays are due this week, so I'd better find that rhythm fast :048:

It must be really difficult to get started on that. For a very brief period I did some editing for a student publication and it nearly drove me insane. Even the laughs I got from the mistakes made by supposedly very educated people didn't make it worth it for me.

It's the part of my job that I hate the most. It's a constant struggle to force myself to get the grading done. Once I start, it's frustrating and annoying, but not as hard to just push through as it is to get started in on the pile. I find it easier to grade when I'm not home. I'll camp out at a cafe, put my headphones on, and just start ploughing through. The sooner I get through the pile, the sooner I get home, so I find it kind of easier to focus on the work than when I'm at home and constantly reminded that there are cats that need petting ;)

Morning, hosers. Went to the memorial gathering last night. First time I've been to a funeral with a live band...? Was good to see some faces I haven't seen in over a decade, but would rather see them in a better circumstance.
The band makes it sound like a celebration of the person's life. But the more the person's life was worth celebrating, the more we feel their loss. There is no rational way not to be sad at the funeral of a person who was important to us. The Stoic philosopher, Epictetus, said, "If you require Zeus to make mortals immortal for you to be happy, get ready to be unhappy." At least the words remind us of our common humanity and mortality.

Last edited:
Hey, hosers!!!
It was a very long Monday.

After work--which I'd just as soon not even talk about--I went out to scout a location for a photo shoot on Thursday. Then I decided to go visit my favorite little Mexican restaurant.

I had one more margarita than I should have. :D

And now, I'm gonna log off before I make any tequila-induced statements that should really be left unsaid. :D

Hey, hosers!!!
It was a very long Monday.

After work--which I'd just as soon not even talk about--I went out to scout a location for a photo shoot on Thursday. Then I decided to go visit my favorite little Mexican restaurant.

I had one more margarita than I should have. :D

And now, I'm gonna log off before I make any tequila-induced statements that should really be left unsaid. :D
Chicken. Bawk bawk bawk!!!

Buenas Noches Coffee Hosers. Sipping some tea, Lemon Jasmine, watching the game and between plays reading the LA Times article on Clifton's Cafeteria. Easy day today. I even made it to Costco for dog food and coffee. I spotted a "HD Digital Antennae" which I grabbed for the spare Tv ... just to see what I can get.

Most reactions

Back