The Coffee House

Dinosaur eggs? a speakeasy? Sounds like an interesting place to eat if nothing else. Now you got me reading the article. And what's the Broad? that's cool looking, now I'll have to go read up on that. See what you started sitting there with your lemon tea? well back to it tomorrow.

Dinosaur eggs? a speakeasy? Sounds like an interesting place to eat if nothing else. Now you got me reading the article. And what's the Broad? that's cool looking, now I'll have to go read up on that. See what you started sitting there with your lemon tea? well back to it tomorrow.
The Broad, by their own admission is:

"The Broad is a new contemporary art museum built by philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. The museum, which is designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Gensler will offer free general admission. The museum will be home to the nearly 2,000 works of art in the Broad collection, which is among the most prominent holdings of postwar and contemporary art worldwide. With its innovative “veil-and-vault” concept, the 120,000-square-foot, $140-million building will feature two floors of gallery space to showcase The Broad’s comprehensive collection and will be the headquarters of The Broad Art Foundation’s worldwide lending library."

Eli Broad is a big time LA/SoCal developer.

tuesday.jpg

busy days, yesterday and today...lots of work... have headache... I can't think anymore!!!

Morning, hosers! Got my coffee late this morning because I had to sit through a meeting first. Rewarded myself by going out to a coffee shop and getting the good stuff.

We're going from colder than average to warmer than average today. Haven't seen much of those nice average Fall days yet.

We're going from colder than average to warmer than average today. Haven't seen much of those nice average Fall days yet.
I love summer (and summer temperatures), but when fall hits, I want it to be cold/seasonal. Not at all happy with the forecast of mid-70's today. :angry:

It's already too cold for me. We've had a couple of days that didn't get out of the 60s--of course, they were dismal, rainy days as well, which always makes it seem colder.

However, today (and the next few days), it'll be sunny and mid-80s. That's my favorite kind of October weather! :D

I did not sleep AT ALL last night. Well, not that's not true. I slept about two hours, then woke up with my hip aching a little--not something I've ever had before, and it was fine when I went to bed. Got up and take some ibuprofen. By 2 a.m. it was absolutely excruciating and I had to take a pain pill; even with that, it hurt so bad I probably didn't sleep 30 minutes at a time.

This morning, the hip still aches but not nearly as bad as it did last night. I think I have sudden-onset arthritis. :lol:

I haaaaaaaate warmer-than-seasonal weather. I want my tights and boots and thick sweaters, already! And I shouldn't be shooing away yellow-jackets in October anymore! :mad-new:

I'm with Maria on that one! :eagerness:

Sharon it was probably all that twerking and wild partying you did over the weekend. :allteeth:

The Broad looks so cool. And between the cafeteria and that I used up my five free articles for the month - so Gary don't tell me anything interesting about LA that I'd want to read about til October! :icon_study:

What's it mean when you see the groundhog in October?? Maybe cooler weather but I wonder, if it doesn't bode well for this winter... doesn't it know I shouldn't see it til February?

Don't know if he saw his shadow, maybe he could ask the big white cat who was plunked in the shade in my back yard yesterday (til it went stalking after something in the bushes). They were both either awfully big animals or awfully puffed up with lots of fur getting ready for winter.

Think I might have overdone it on the caffeine...

Most reactions

Back