The Coffee House

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. No paper yet ... quite disappointing. I am starting out my day with a breakfast appointment at The Pantry. If you're ever in LA, grab a meal at The Pantry. A ton of meat and potatoes food. You will not walk away hungry. It's open 24/7.

IMG_9372-XL.jpg

IMG_9367-XL.jpg

IMG_9358-XL.jpg

IMG_9357-XL.jpg

IMG_9338-XL.jpg

*sneeze*

*sneezesneeze*

Could it be cat dander?

If it was cat dander, I suspect I'd have allergies year-round, right? But for the past 2-3 years, I seem to only get sneezy like this in late summer/early fall. I think it's some tree or weed that blossoms or sheds pollen around this time. I suppose at some point, I could see an allergist. If I ever manage to get myself some health insurance :048:

I've had the girls for 5 years and before that, I had Gomer Pyle for 5-6 years. In that time, I never noticed extra sneezing around the cats. Does someone take 10 years to develop allergies to cat dander? I mean, maybe it does, I really don't know how these things work.

It actually is possible to develop allergies to things that never bothered us in the past. They can come on at any age, in any environment.

But let's be optimistic and just blame ragweed. The stuff grows like crazy this time of year.

It actually is possible to develop allergies to things that never bothered us in the past. They can come on at any age, in any environment.

But let's be optimistic and just blame ragweed. The stuff grows like crazy this time of year.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;) There's also a lot of goldenrod (is that the same thing? I suck as bad at plant names as I do at song titles!) and I have definitely noticed an uptick of sniffling and sneezing when I'm around that.

We have 4 more days of temps in the 80's, then it's back into the 90's for about 6 days!! Grrrrr!!!!! Still, it's not unusual for down here. We really only have a small sampling of Spring and Fall........ and the full gamut of Summer heat and Winter cold! Might be time to think about a move. Northern Arkansas is beautiful with the Ozarks, and the weather a lot more palatable.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

We need a good frost to get rid of ragweed and/or goldenrod or whatever it is! and bugs. Time for leaves to change color but not happenin' here yet. How do these trees think I'm going to get any good fall photos?

I believe I believe..... hmmm fallin' in love. Didn't even have to watch the video! but all I ever know is the first couple of lines of a song. Maybe the chorus.

So the cable company wants feedback, I'll give 'em some feedback! lol I kind of actually felt bad for the customer service rep who didn't have a clue. But this is the second time in a month so feedback I shall give.

All I know is the season opening hockey in Canada better be on my TV tonight!

Last edited:
We have 4 more days of temps in the 80's, then it's back into the 90's for about 6 days!! Grrrrr!!!!! Still, it's not unusual for down here. We really only have a small sampling of Spring and Fall........ and the full gamut of Summer heat and Winter cold! Might be time to think about a move. Northern Arkansas is beautiful with the Ozarks, and the weather a lot more palatable.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

My family visited the Ozarks a few times when I was a kid, and I can remember how gorgeous and wild that area is. Go for it, Snerd!

Lenny, I'm thinking what we see around here is common ragweed, but that's only based on the pictures from the links up there. The goldenrod pics were mainly closeups.

Still, the stuff is blooming heavily right now and it clearly loves the fall temps and sun we're now having, after being bombarded by 10 days or more of straight rain. I'm not allergic to the stuff, but I have sympathy for anyone who does - we have a bumper crop this year!

Most reactions

Back