The Colony

Your welcome abraxas, I've never seen the movie, but on reading previews online, it sounds as tho the producer, twisted it way different from the story. Leaving out the sandkings sculpturing his face on their castle, would change the whole meaning of the story.

For the $2.50 it cost to read the short story, it was well worth it. There was just too much more in the story that could have never fit into a 20-40 minute segment. I think the key to the meaning of the story is in the mention of the way the maw designs the metamorphis. The sculpting is an interesting reinforcement of the worship and redesign of the progeny. Without mentioning the sculpting, the photo would have had no relation to the story.

Okay abraxas, come clean ... when did you notice the face ... in the field or on the computer?

:)

"Art is what you can get away with."
~Andy Warhol

Your welcome abraxas, I've never seen the movie, but on reading previews online, it sounds as tho the producer, twisted it way different from the story. Leaving out the sandkings sculpturing his face on their castle, would change the whole meaning of the story.

They did have the sculpting in the movie quite a bit including them doing the face and another face also i think. Some bits of the story do sound a little different though reading the info on the ebook from how it was done in the movie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back