THE colour of spring (ALEX: the edits for you are out now!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To me, this is "a colour to die for"... or one somehow on those lines. I just love it!!! (News to most).

frhlingsgrn01.jpg

frhlingsgrn03.jpg

Yes. I know: in my against-the-sun photos, the sky suffers heaps from trying to do just that, i.e. get all this spring green back-lit... :(

frhlingsgrn04.jpg

frhlingsgrn05.jpg

frhlingsgrn07.jpg

frhlingsgrn11.jpg

7.a (here is the original size, but I was so miffed with the blown sky, I created a crop out of this, too)
frhlingsgrn08.jpg

7.b (the crop)
frhlingsgrn08bcropdreamified.jpg

This is the "dreamified" version of said crop... you like it?

I usually have big problems with "dreamified" images *hides from Andy* ... I think the effect only works on very rare occasions. But since this is personal dislike in general, I will not go into this more ... just ignore it ;)

THe sky in all of them is a bit of a problem I think, but I see it is a difficult lighting situation.

I like the composition in the first one. very calm .... nice area you live in :) It is a bit dark though I think. You lost the sky anyway, so you could in principle brighten it up slightly.

#6 really stands out! the tiny bit of sky is annoying to my eyes though.
But that tree really has wonderful colours, well separated from the background both in focus and colour! very nice :) .. and very centred :p

Something is odd about #4 and #5, as if you tried to move the subject off centre, but the scene did not allow for it to be done convincingly (referring to horizontal centering). But that is just Mr Centre-critic here ;)

Looks like you're getting your "spring" shooting out of the way. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, had to get it all done by 1 May, now the countryside looks like summer. The soft, bright green of spring has given way to the full, darker foliage of summer ... and we feared it might all dry up in no time, for we had a bit of a drought in April, but then the clouds and the rain came! Good!

Come to think of it ... :scratch: ... neither of these were taken in the macro mode. That does take me closer to things. But all were taken with the lens I mentioned. Actually, that is the lens most often mounted to my camera. I rarely use the kit lens, and my camera rucksack is installed in such a manner that the camera fits with the larger Sigma-lens mounted ...

Oh, and Alex: you are soooooo right about that bit of sky in 6. That certainly needs to go!
And there also exists a non-dreamified version of the crop of 7!
And yes, you are also right: I might work on the highlights in 1 to bring out more on the ground, it is quite dark. And the sky is lost, anyway... off to work.... ;)

Come to think of it ... :scratch: ... neither of these were taken in the macro mode. That does take me closer to things.

What does a "macro mode" do anyway? I am asking because I never had a lens with a switch saying macro .. I just owned some lenses where when focussing there was a range when you were very close to the subject where it read "macro".

does an explicit "macro mode" change anything about the aujtofocus? because it will not alter the lens optically ...so it must be something electronically. or am I totally mistaken here?

Well, others: could you explain that to me, too?
For I don't know, either!! Only do I know that as soon as I use the switch, I can get closer to things... which I like :biggrin: ... I know THAT much, too!!!

Here you are Alex: I made some edits, and will also show you the un"dreamified" version of my crop on 7:

frhlingsgrn01aedit.jpg

frhlingsgrn11aedit.jpg

frhlingsgrn08acrop.jpg

Better?

much better :) ... at least for my taste!

and the title now includes my name! :)

Yes, you see: all the things I do for you :biggrin:

beautiful corinna! i love that first shot especially!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back