The Conway Camera

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
a540d4d0.jpg

a570d590.jpg

a5e0d590.jpg

a6090650.jpg

Conway box camera, Konica ISO 50 color film, Agfa APX 100 B+W film, Built-in green filter used on second photo, Handheld

Hi P Bailey, what gets me is that the photographs from these cameras have a n 'old timey feel' to them- that retro look is cool and I haven't been able to replicate well in photoshop :)

Pardon my total ignorance, but is this from the camera, the film or development, or perhaps elements of all three?

It may come from the old camera's lens. I use standard developing procedures. The only edit that was done with Photoshop, was a resize and clean up a few dust specks.

Groovy. :D "Color filter model", I've read about some of these built-in filter cameras - is it typically a green filter, or is there a small selection offered within?

Nice images. I like box cameras, I've decided. :p

Love these shots - especially 2 and 3. Not only do the images themselves help create a 'retro' feel - but the subject matter reinforces that effect - cool.

I have had quite a few cameras with built-in filters. They are generally yellow. This is the first green one that I have had. It actually works quite well considering the filter is a plastic material. These old box cameras are really qreat to shoot. The 6x9 format is fun to work with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back